Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coulthard & Jordon in bbc f1 team

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
First picture of what next years' cars will look like:

1227101817.jpg

Not the best image - but the best one I could find. BMW are pretty much the only team to have tried the full setup for next year and been photographed. Notice the funny front wing, skinny rear wing and slick tyres.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I did'nt mean it that way, I meant it was 'Bubble Wrapped' too much, exactly the same as standard Health & Safety laws these days with way too much OTT reaction. Obviously great that no-ones died since (that I can remember anyway!) but they went to extremes mainly because of the court case that followed. NASCAR went the correct way in terms of safety by actually studying it first and implementing it when ready not jumping in and screweing everything up.
Needless to say Motor Sport is dangerous and you wont be able to stop deaths in it al

bloody PC died at the end, what I was finishing off with was:

Needless to say Motor Sport is dangerous and you wont be able to stop deaths in it all no matter what safety measures are brought in.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
First picture of what next years' cars will look like:

1227101817.jpg

Not the best image - but the best one I could find. BMW are pretty much the only team to have tried the full setup for next year and been photographed. Notice the funny front wing, skinny rear wing and slick tyres.

red X for me but heres the two i've seen:

115727.jpg

115779fq1.jpg

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Although I'm pleased at the return of slicks and the removal of all the winglets on the flanks and tops of the 2009 cars, I think they look awful with that huge square front wing, compared to the smaller and taller rear wing.
Plus next year they will have the Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems (KERS) which will add a couple seconds boost to the cars (if the teams can actually get them to work and they stop electocuting mechanics), plus the drivers can alter the wing angles a couple of times a lap, to reduce drag if they want to overtake etc. Looks like they'll be busy in the cockpit at least!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gonna be interesting to see if Honda, who spent the whole of last season developing next year's car at the expense of the pile of shit that was this year's car, can give Jenson a car to challenge Lewis. It would be great to see two Brits fighting it out for the Championship along with the Ferraris and BMW. The fact that Ross Brawn is in charge at Honda makes me think they might.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Bit hopeful for Honda I think. They'll be better than last year but still not challenging the top teams. BMW should be the main challenge to the top two again as they also gave up on last years car early and started on the one for the coming season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bit hopeful for Honda I think. They'll be better than last year but still not challenging the top teams. BMW should be the main challenge to the top two again as they also gave up on last years car early and started on the one for the coming season.

Renault will be up there as well, forgotten about them but they finished in Championship form this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here