Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

could you vote Lib-dem?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Finally, I think Nick Clegg has good ideas backed by a sensible Vince Cable and he seemed to come across best in the debates. I just hope they don't drag us into the euro. (should they have any kind of power)

I agree entirely there.

If the Lib Dems get into any kind of power in the event of a hung parliament, Cable is the key for me. I still can't bring myself to vote for Norman though, and as I've said in another thread this evening, that's due to more than just his stance on Falmer.

I work in Lewes itself although live elsewhere in the constituency, and the difference in opinion on Baker between where I live and where I work is very telling. I fully expect him to be voted back in though.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
It just makes me laugh when all these people seem to think the Lib Dems are SO clean and pure when it comes to politics, yet in local government (which frankly has been the only place you could measure them) they have been as scheming and corrupt as any other party.

I really would vote for anyone but the Lib Dems.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I agree entirely there.

If the Lib Dems get into any kind of power in the event of a hung parliament, Cable is the key for me. I still can't bring myself to vote for Norman though, and as I've said in another thread this evening, that's due to more than just his stance on Falmer.

I work in Lewes itself although live elsewhere in the constituency, and the difference in opinion on Baker between where I live and where I work is very telling. I fully expect him to be voted back in though.

Cable is not the genius he makes himself out to be!!!:shrug:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Don't worry the Tories will win the election.

I'm not so sure. Not based on anything real, but I just have a gut feeling that when it comes to putting the X on the bit of paper, most of the Lib Dem popularity will disappear (all style, no substance), and most people over the age of 29 would not want the tories back in, and Gordie will win by default.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
I'm not so sure. Not based on anything real, but I just have a gut feeling that when it comes to putting the X on the bit of paper, most of the Lib Dem popularity will disappear (all style, no substance), and most people over the age of 29 would not want the tories back in, and Gordie will win by default.

I actually think all the talk and analysis both in the media and on forums like this, shows that there is little confidence from most people that any of the main parties can actually do anything really positive.

IMHO the vast majority of people will cast their vote for the least incompetent of three lacklustre options, while there will be a modest surge in support for the small parties.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Fair enough if you actually live in Baker's constituency and don't want to vote for him personally, but opposition to Falmer was not a lib dem party policy, so I don't see why my local lib dem MP should lose my vote because of it. I'm sure there are plenty of individuals in the other parties that would also have objected if been in a position of power.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
you should not kick a tory out just because he is gay- i thought you liberals were... well liberal!

Waterson is not gay..he's bent in the corrupt sense I think..
A mate of mine who used to be a Tory Councillor near Eastbourne HATES him, can't even speak his name without foaming up and shaking.

He is however a very astute politician (Waterson that is), has always played the immigration card at the right time to keep all the LOL's and others in Eastbourne scared enough to vote Tory.

I think however this time his manouverings have run out. the local Conservative Party chair in Eastbourne resigned over Christmas last year, saying she'd had enough of their negative campaigning tactics.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

Most people over 49 will not want Gordy back in.....we can remember things like flogging off our gold reserves for next to nothing, and I personally think Gordy has massively manipulated Govt. stats like unemployment to make them look better.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Fair enough if you actually live in Baker's constituency and don't want to vote for him personally, but opposition to Falmer was not a lib dem party policy, so I don't see why my local lib dem MP should lose my vote because of it. I'm sure there are plenty of individuals in the other parties that would also have objected if been in a position of power.

As I've said on other threads, the Tories on LDC supported the LDs in opposing Falmer. Sugarman may claim he was for the Stadium but between 1999-2003 when he was on LDC I can't remember his making any statement that he was against his Party's line.

Has he been on here to back his contention up? Are you there, Jason?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
If I was going to choose an MP to fight on my behalf, i would go for Baker: he is obnoxious, unreasonable, highly unattractive and a constant thorn in the side to our club but he is tenacious, consistent, hard working and comes across as honest compared to the Slimy Boys Club that is the Conservative Party, even the Labour Party after all their f*** ups are more attractive then Cameron and Osborne

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Mmm, and I suppose your next line is that George Osbourne is the answer to all our problems

:facepalm:

No,as a Tory voter,I should like to see Ken Clarke as the next Chancellor and I reckon a large portion of the electorate would as well!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here