Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could this be the most pointless letter to the Argus EVER?

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
This set me thinking - what a twat I am!!

Arsguff, what a paper. I love starting arguements on the comments part of the website.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
RIP Birds, cats, hedgehogs, foxes, badgers

You will be missed

If they had been missed then it wouldn't be RIP surely? :jester:

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Thats just today's most pointless letter.

I am sure there will be another equally pointless tomorrow

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
I buy the Argus most days, dont know why really. However, you can always get a laugh from it reading the under £50 bargains pages....some people sell items at 50p & £1, and as for some of the letters.....(see above)

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Did anyone see this letter yesterday?

'I find by pumping my car tyres up to the correct pressure and keeping them there, the vehicle does another two and a half miles per gallon. For me that means buy 14 gallons and get one free.'

Bizarre!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Come on now, the Argus is a service to the community, by providing a forum in which the intellectually superior, the terminally dull, and that mad woman from Hove can air their views, which nobody would ever listen to, much less care about otherwise.

The History Man

Aug 16, 2003
Brighton
You may not think much of Reg Moores' views on this subject, but he is a bit of a legend locally.

He invented the wireless microphone (for an ice-show at the old SS Brighton - see Guinness Book of Records), has lectured all over the world on nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, and has been seen on TV several times either showing off with Star Wars light sabres (no batteries or wires), climbing unsupported rope ladders, or whistling two tunes at once!

When my mum worked at the Co-op TV repairs department, he was always in on the scrounge looking for components to furnish his inventions.

The world would be much less interesting without people like Reg Moores, so forgive him on this one if you don't think much of his letter.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
so there!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Bloody hell, Tim - the things you know.

In which case, I do find it's kind of ironic that an inventor should be denouncing progress...

What is progressive about an increase in the use of cars and less walking? We spent millions of years evolving to walk up right and now everybody drives around sitting down. Progressive my arse!

brightonbluenose

May 6, 2006
The most annoying serial letter writer to The Argus is Steve Fuller of Rowan Avenue in Hove who regularly grabs an Argus story, jumbles the words up and then re-presents it as his own meaningful thoughts!

Got so annoyed with it a year or so ago when I was pissed I rang him up to ask what the fvck he was up to!!

:tosser:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Come on now, the Argus is a service to the community, by providing a forum in which the intellectually superior, the terminally dull, and that mad woman from Hove can air their views, which nobody would ever listen to, much less care about otherwise.

Bit like NSC come to think of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here