Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could this be the most pointless letter to the Argus EVER?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Death on roads
While walking to catch the bus into Brighton last week, I was alarmed by a terrible screeching sound. When I turned around to look, I saw a poor cat screaming in pain, trying to move, having been hit by a car.
The stream of cars were halted by one that stopped a few yards further up the road, with many cars hooting impatiently until I signalled that it was an accidental hold up.
Then two ladies, including the driver of the car, attended this poor animal.

This set me thinking, how often do we see squashed birds and other creatures on our roads? Something that didn't happen when I was a lad. It couldn't happen. We walked everywhere, or boarded a tram, and there were few cars about then.

Reg Moores, Horton Road Brighton

For God's sake, Reg. Take up Bowls or something. I bet his war stories are just as riveting.

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
Is the cat.....d......d.....dead? :ohmy: or will we have to wait for the next instalment from Reg Moores?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
What about the cats of Mileoak?
Will no-one think about the cats of Mileoak :cry:

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
Aren't most people, that knocked down in the city centre, hit by buses? Reg Moore is advocating using these death machines instead of cars. In fact, you normally see a large amount of squashed birds in the bus/taxi only area of Western Road. Reg :angry:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Whilst up to my elbows in the sink last week, handwashing the same pair of socks I've worn for the past 48 years, I happened to glance out the window. On the street below was a young lady of around 25 years of age, who appeared to be talking into her hand. After gazing more intently, I surmised that she was in fact using a portable telephone device, popular with the youth of today. This got me thinking. Such occurences were unheard of back in the day, when all correspondence was conducted by penny post, and the night carriage from London Town used to arrive each morn with the mail, the horses' breath steaming in the dawn light. In those days, there was no chance of mistakenly thinking passers by were communing with their palm - something we'd do well to remember.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Is the cat.....d......d.....dead? :ohmy: or will we have to wait for the next instalment from Reg Moores?

The suspense is killing me, what a genius of a writer Reg is!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You should have left his name off, then run a sweep stake as to what it might be.

Oh hang, possible flaw being it was always going to be a Reg or maybe Cecil.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here