Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could the gays, and the Catholic Church delay Falmer?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Dougal said:
alot of people unstable due to not having Mother and Father , alot of people turn out Gay because of up bringing.

Can you imagine what sort of people there would be about if Gays could adopt. Good God
What a blinkered, narrow-minded view of society you have.

A lot of people are 'unstable' as you call it BECAUSE they have a Mother and Father, and turn out gay, or abusers, or sucessful, or happy - or anything in bewteen. But you have decided to round on homosexuals parents as though they raise disgusting f***-ups.

I can imagine what sort of people there are when gays adopt - they are kind, thoughtful, respectful, responsible individuals. There are some at my partner's school, and they are delightful.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The Large One said:
In that case, what has the parents' sexuality got to do with it?

Because, like it or not, the kid brought up by two gays is going to get slaughtered at school. And for their whole childhood. And I don't think that's fair.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Commander said:
Because, like it or not, the kid brought up by two gays is going to get slaughtered at school. And for their whole childhood. And I don't think that's fair.
What a terrible line to take, and indicative of a malaise within society.

In other words, because homosexual parents automatically means bullying at school for the kids, we shoudn't bother allowing them to adopt, and instead we'll consign the whole notion to the dustbin on the back of a few cowardly bullies? Meanwhile, two loving parents are denied adption right because of spiteful bigotry by ignorant morons? Brilliant.

I would also say this, none of this shit happens at my partner's school, nor is it allowed to happen at any school.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
There was a kid at my school who used to get the piss ripped out of him for the fact that he lived on a farm, that he was backward, spoke like a rustic etc etc. By that reasoning, shouldn't farmers be banned from adopting too? Haven't seen anyone suggesting that.

And if bullying is the only thing that matters, shouldn't all children with red hair have it forcibly dyed for them? Or kids with big ears have them chopped back?

Or isn't it better not to give in to the intolerant bigots of any age and actively change the kind of negative stereotypes that exist (we've seen some on this thread) by challenging them head-on?

To give in to them is the wimp's option.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What's this crap about when gays adopt - they already do.

I was at a kids' party the other day where there were two sets of gay couples (one male, one female) with their adopted kids. The children played nicely with all the other kids, I didn't hear a single one make a remark about the lack of a mum or a dad; there appeared to be no prejudice there.

Kids will be narrow-minded and bigoted if shown that way by adults; sadly there seem to be rather too many narrow-minded individuals on this site.

As MoH says, what's important is that the kids are given a home in stable, loving environment. It's the children that are important here and most children who are taken into care aren't lucky enough to find adoptive parents. I frankly find it rather depressing that there people out there who would rather kids suffer than be placed with parents who care about them.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Gwylan said:
What's this crap about when gays adopt - they already do.

I was at a kids' party the other day where there were two sets of gay couples (one male, one female) with their adopted kids. The children played nicely with all the other kids, I didn't hear a single one make a remark about the lack of a mum or a dad; there appeared to be no prejudice there.

Kids will be narrow-minded and bigoted if shown that way by adults; sadly there seem to be rather too many narrow-minded individuals on this site.

As MoH says, what's important is that the kids are given a home in stable, loving environment. It's the children that are important here and most children who are taken into care aren't lucky enough to find adoptive parents. I frankly find it rather depressing that there people out there who would rather kids suffer than be placed with parents who care about them.

Quality post. :clap:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
No confirmed that there will be no exemption from anti-discrimination laws for Catholic adoption agencies.

Is this the end of Ruth Kelly and another delay to the Falmer Stadium fight? Who knows...

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Never did Nicole any harm.

My_2_Dads.gif

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
From what I've read Ruth K is fine with the law change, and has come out supporting the government's stance. Which means it's highly unlikely that she will resign over the issue. Therefore, the answer to the question is "No".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here