Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could the gays, and the Catholic Church delay Falmer?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
That shouldn't delay Falmer, because whoever takes her job will still have to follow the same process, it just means it will be somebody else.

And let's face it, nobody is massively confident she supports our case like Prescott did.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
there's got to be a chance that will happen.

her and blair are rumoured to be at odds with the cabinet over this issue and with statements like harriet harman's "youre either against discrimination or you're not, you can't be against it a little" (i paraphrase) then it's clear she has her enemies.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Brighton has the highest proportional amount of non-religious believers in a town/city than any other in the country

Coincidently, It also has the highest amount of gays in the country

so no it shouldnt affect us

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Could the gays, and the Catholic Church delay Falmer? Of course they could. Every other bastard seems to be able to.

larus

Talk about hypocricy. Is this the same Catholic church the moves child-molesting priets from parish to parish and protects them/covers up the stories.

Now, they don't want to their orphanages to adopt children to gay people.

Make your mine up Catholics; you either want to protect children or you don't.

P.s. If I was a child up for adoption, would I want to be adopted by a gay couple. Tough call, in a good home it wouldn't be a problem and would be better than being in care, but look at the shit that they're likely to get from other kids.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Highly unlikely that Ruth Kelly will be involved until the final submission asking for a decision one way or the other. Even then it might be a junior minister that makes the final decision.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
larus said:

P.s. If I was a child up for adoption, would I want to be adopted by a gay couple.

No way.

What people seem to be forgetting here is that adoption is supposed to be about the CHILDREN.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
After all the abuse we get for being homos, wouldn't it be ironic if it was the GAYERS that delayed Falmer again?

:lolol:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
the adoption arguement for gays is a completely different arguement and one that deserves its own thread , could imagine that being one hell of a showdown

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
larus said:
P.s. If I was a child up for adoption, would I want to be adopted by a gay couple.
Definitely - I have no doubt whatsoever that they're every bit as capable of being devoted, loving and caring parents every single bit as much as some straight couples are. They also tend to have lots of money, which helps to provide a home for the child. As for the teasing thing, it's an issue but given that kids tease each other about anything and everything, that's no reason at all for this not to be permitted.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Dougal said:
the adoption arguement for gays is a completely different arguement and one that deserves its own thread , could imagine that being one hell of a showdown

I know, I've been waiting for that all morning.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Man of Harveys said:
Definitely - I have no doubt whatsoever that they're every bit as capable of being devoted, loving and caring parents every single bit as much as some straight couples are. They also tend to have lots of money, which helps to provide a home for the child. As for the teasing thing, it's an issue but given that kids tease each other about anything and everything, that's no reason at all for this not to be permitted.

So what you are basically saying is that kids don't need a mother (or father).

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Commander said:
So what you are basically saying is that kids don't need a mother (or father).
That's right. They need caring parents, ideally two of them. But whom these parents happen to find attractive has no bearing on their ability to provide a safe and loving environment for children.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
alot of people unstable due to not having Mother and Father , alot of people turn out Gay because of up bringing.

Can you imagine what sort of people there would be about if Gays could adopt. Good God

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here