Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could the decision to let Murray leave be the costliest mistake in English footy history?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
GENUINE QUESTION

Do the pro Murrayists really believe he would have scored 20 goals before Christmas, for us?

In a side normally with at least 2 defensive midfielders, a 'holding' left winger, and a cutting in right winger.

Maybe a Palace fan will correct me if my assumptions are wrong.
Last season Agent Murray only scored 7 times in a team scared to lose.

This season he has Wilf and the other (better} winger in a team that started appallingly (remember that).
Now playing with a f**k it, we need to attack to score to win, attitude, planting the ball on GM's head.

How many headers has CMS had, this season?
I bet it's less than 20 total.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
GENUINE QUESTION

Do the pro Murrayists really believe he would have scored 20 goals before Christmas, for us?

Exactly.

It's only a 'mistake' if we directly missed out on what he is doing at Palace.

No one knows if he would have replicated it here. I'm guessing he wouldn't...but I don't know.

Last season he was pony. He wasn't even starting games by the end of the season.

A player has moved on and done well 12 months later. It happens.

Also, if Murray decided to go, how is that a 'mistake'? That's his choice. The decision was out of our hands effectively.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
GENUINE QUESTION

In a side normally with at least 2 defensive midfielders, a 'holding' left winger, and a cutting in right winger.

Maybe a Palace fan will correct me if my assumptions are wrong.
Last season Agent Murray only scored 7 times in a team scared to lose.

This season he has Wilf and the other (better} winger in a team that started appallingly (remember that).
Now playing with a f**k it, we need to attack to score to win, attitude, planting the ball on GM's head.

How many headers has CMS had, this season?
I bet it's less than 20 total.
:wave:

That seemed to have stopped this thread, in it's tracks.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Exactly.

It's only a 'mistake' if we directly missed out on what he is doing at Palace.

No one knows if he would have replicated it here. I'm guessing he wouldn't...but I don't know.

Last season he was pony. He wasn't even starting games by the end of the season.

A player has moved on and done well 12 months later. It happens.

Also, if Murray decided to go, how is that a 'mistake'? That's his choice. The decision was out of our hands effectively.

Just one problem. The club let him go; he wanted to stay. That is known from the Club's Board.

For some strange reason, Gus wanted to pay many of the new Championship squad far more than Murray was asking for.

You may dislike him because the only club that wanted him was CPFC, but Gus decided he wasn't worth it and CMS/Hoskins were, not Murray.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just one problem. The club let him go; he wanted to stay. That is known from the Club's Board.

For some strange reason, Gus wanted to pay many of the new Championship squad far more than Murray was asking for.

You may dislike him because the only club that wanted him was CPFC, but Gus decided he wasn't worth it and CMS/Hoskins were, not Murray.

Incorrect again, Millwall wanted him too, but couldn't pay as much as Palace.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Just one problem. The club let him go; he wanted to stay.

Oh. I didn't realise we withdrew our contract offer to him thus 'letting him go'.

We offered what we thought he was worth. It's literally NO different to any other contract negotiation.

You value the player, you offer him what you think is fair. Last year he did f*** all at Palace, it looked like we had valued him correctly.

This year he is free-scoring, it looks like we valued him incorrectly.

There's no deep back story to the whole thing.

If I was him, and was as FORCED out the club as some people suggest, I would have celebrated my ARSE OFF when scoring against Brighton. He didn't exactly look like a man with anger storming inside when he scored last year at the Amex.

He's the same as 99% of footballers. He isn't 'playing for the badge', he is doing his job.

He was offered more at another job, he took it. I would have done the same. Painting an image of him being forced out of a club he loved is just ludicrous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here