Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could the Arsenal game be OFF?

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
The point isn't the outside areas of the stadium needing grit. When it snowed last time ground-staff closed half of of the path around the stadium because large amounts of snow was falling off of the roof. It looked like there were half built snowman around the perimeter.

Not the case of people being wimps...though it's fine if anyone wants a large block of snow falling onto their heads! :D

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The only problem would be if the park and ride sites couldn't open due to the weather.
Mill Road is hardly the best place to be trying to go if there's snow like Friday / yesterday, and the busses would struggle (more than usual) to get from the Racecourse.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Loads of time to clear any snow. They will do that today, no more snow forecast. temparatures rising, undersoil heating. Certainty to be on.

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
The only problem would be if the park and ride sites couldn't open due to the weather.
Mill Road is hardly the best place to be trying to go if there's snow like Friday / yesterday, and the busses would struggle (more than usual) to get from the Racecourse.

Mill Road was fine on Friday when I drove up it and was all clear on the Saturday, not sure since yesterday though.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
A game won't be called off unless the fixture cannot be played. As we have undersoil heating there won't be any chance of the game not being playable

Which isn't true. If its not safe for spectators to get there they will call it off. Happens all the time when the pitch is playable.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It'll be fine - things will thaw quickly by Friday.

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
Not a chance it'll be off. they'll work tirelessly to get the game on.

I reckon the colder it is the more it'll suit us. Put them out of their comfort zone

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Not a chance it'll be off. they'll work tirelessly to get the game on.

I reckon the colder it is the more it'll suit us. Put them out of their comfort zone

Yes, their Spanish players won't like that! Oh....

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Friday will be the last cold day for a while. Temp will be 6c on Sat, i think a 10% chance the game will be off. The only threat would be frozen pitch and that isn't gonna happen. No PL games were off last weekend and conditions weren't great..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here