Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could the Arsenal game be OFF?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Just driven from seaford to shoreham and as I went past the Amex the snow was falling in biblical fashion never seen anything like it, snow the size of golf balls
Already the Amex is covered in snow with this lot coming down and freezing tomorrow could Saturday's game be in doubt
Because of safety reasons , I know the pitch will be ok

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Possible, but unlikely. Temperatures are forecast to be higher by Friday so hopefully any snow/ice would be clear by Saturday. Of course, being England the weather can change at any time!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Pitch has undersoil heating added to which they have had the lighting rigs on the pitch. The areas outside must be one of the easiest to clear of any stadium.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Pitch has undersoil heating added to which they have had the lighting rigs on the pitch. The areas outside must be one of the easiest to clear of any stadium.

I heard the offices were closed at Amex Friday & saturday because of the snow & ice too dangerous to walk around the stadium

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
get the stewards doing something useful, arm them with blowdriers and send them on their way :lolol:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Absolutely no chance, Brum had heavy snow the day before the game - the Amex has heavy snow (which may turn into rain) 4 days before - certain to go ahead.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I heard the offices were closed at Amex Friday & saturday because of the snow & ice too dangerous to walk around the stadium

And your point is? The whole of the outside area can be accessed by a gritting lorry, f*** me, I'll drive my tractor around the area with my spreader (seed/sand/salt not shit) if its required. The reason the offices were closed is because of wimps who wanted a day off.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I hope so. No trains from Three Bridges to Brighton, so it's going to be a nightmare to get there and back. I'd happily see it moved to a day when they are running.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Just driven from seaford to shoreham and as I went past the Amex the snow was falling in biblical fashion never seen anything like it, snow the size of golf balls
Already the Amex is covered in snow with this lot coming down and freezing tomorrow could Saturday's game be in doubt

Was there lots of snow in Jerusalem then Mr. Soprano?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Mr 'T' we must think alike as I've just started another similar thread:clap:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
raining in Eastbourne at the moment and 5 degrees plus Whitehawks game tonight is ON

Honestly though if anyone here lives in coldean or Moulscombe can confirm it's a different story the other side of the hill it's full of thick snow as soon as I got out of the Southwick tunnel it was torrential rain Two different worlds in the space of 4 miles

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here