Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cor, I wish I lived in Southampton

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Redneb....your username is so funny and clever, by the way.

Do you walk around Brighton taking the piss out of your adopted CITY (not town) or do you reserve you mild homophobia for here?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Oxford Street is the only place that comes close to a normal British city when it comes to having something nice to eat. Look at the previous basket case British port cities compared to Southampton now. Left it for dust.

Lets face it for the size of the place and how other British cities moved on (plus the fact Southampton is in the SOUTH) it really is an embarassment.

Oh and Brighton people dont do the its a CITY bit. You have Southampton beat hands down, except on this one. Southampton is a city Brighton isnt. Be honest with yourselves please.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Oh and Brighton people dont do the its a CITY bit. You have Southampton beat hands down, except on this one. Southampton is a city Brighton isnt. Be honest with yourselves please.

Well, define what a "city" is then. The Queen granted Brighton and Hove with City status, which is all that's needed?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Well, define what a "city" is then. The Queen granted Brighton and Hove with City status, which is all that's needed?

I think Brighton on its own is still considered a town

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

plnety of places are cities. southamptons city status is relatively new. the city walls and its history and strategic importance suggest an influence on the country far greater than brightons, in many senses. much as i love brighton and hate southampton, every time i hear the insecure 'city' rubbish it makes me cringe and you look even more small time. be proud of what it is, not all thsi emperors new clothes rubbish. it knocks southampton into a cocked hat. just relax and enjoy that fact.

so what about the city status (lost to f***ing sunderland first time of asking) means nothing to most people who have alwasy known it as a town, and calling it a city is like speaking to the bloke in the office who has recently had a sex change and having to call him samantha without feeling stupid.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Sounds like your not so distant past.

A tad hypocritical do you not think after the crooked shennanigans of your ex chairman? Glass houses & all that.

We haven't gone in to admin

Saints have
Pompey have
You have. Twice. :facepalm:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
If it wasn't for Southampton CHEATING in 1978, we couldve been the bigger club. I have some concerns that they may get away with CHEATING again.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
couldnt give a toss about the southampton-brighton mines bigger than yours shit frankly, just another league 1 side who happen to have offered a player better terms and conditions than we did,calderon was a breath of fresh air and it was good while it lasted. i wish him well wherever he goes. If anything i find it quite flattering that Southhampton view Brighton as the place to go for their better players, sooner or later if you keep buying them you will get a good 1 :D

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
Speaking of which, is Kuti's still there? Franny Benali's curry house.

Yep, Kuti's still there, nice place to eat but a little overpriced, the place to go for a decent curry & a nice pint or two of Cobra is The Jewel In The Crown on Shirley highstreet, excellent food at a good price & they do a fantastic buffet between Sunday & Tuesday for the fat gits who's eyes definitely aint bigger than their bellys!

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
True,Eurostar into Paris or The trip fom the Airport in Dublin proves that.
But unlike Southampton those towns arn't full of Strike breaking Scab scum like southampon.
Ask a Portsmouth fan.

Or anywhere where there's been a strike.

People do what they have to do to earn money to put food on the table for their family. Are you seriously suggesting that if you was poverty stricken & desperate to gain income that you'd rather your flesh & blood starve than break a picket line you wouldn't do it?

If you say no I'd have to decide whether you're a liar or a w*nker.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Yep, Kuti's still there, nice place to eat but a little overpriced, the place to go for a decent curry & a nice pint or two of Cobra is The Jewel In The Crown on Shirley highstreet, excellent food at a good price & they do a fantastic buffet between Sunday & Tuesday for the fat gits who's eyes definitely aint bigger than their bellys!

I live about 2 mins walk from there. Food's quite good, but the service is probably the worst I've ever encountered.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Much as I'm not a massive fan of my adopted home, you can't argue that, in the Common, Scumhampton has one of the nicest green spaces in the country.

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
Much as I'm not a massive fan of my adopted home, you can't argue that, in the Common, Scumhampton has one of the nicest green spaces in the country.

The Common's a great place to be when the sun is shining in the summer with a crate of beer & a football.

I'm about 5 mins away from Shirley high street, for a pikey night out close to pay day you can't beat a few jars in Wetherspoons followed by the biggest bag of chips ever from Mr Nicks!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here