Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coppers

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Is anyone else finding this to be essential viewing? Channel 4, Monday nights, 9pm.

The first episode was about life in a Kent Police custody suite and was actually pretty saddening, showing the effect drugs can have on people's lives. A lot of the folks in custody were so regularly arrested that the custody officers knew them on a first name basis.

The second episode was about road traffic police and was, quite frankly, boring.

Last nights episide followed the police that responded to 999 emergency calls and also the phone operators themselves. Kent Police recieve hundreds of 999 calls every day about facebook! There were also calls to 999 asking about the opening hours of a nearby chemist and asking for for the address of a vet! It was also shocking to see the treatment the emergency response police get - facing regular violence. Also, having to attend a 999 call because a girls boyfriend had broken up with her (!?!).

I am loving this series.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Keep comparing it to my days inevitably, seems some of the civilian staff of, shall we say, tender years, have a lot of gob on them ! Also didn't realise you could get nicked for BoP in your own home?
Not good, used to have fun in the good old days........................

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Kent police appear to offer a mobile Jeremy Kyle service. What a load of scum they had to deal with.

And as for the people calling 999. Words fail me.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
What about the prat who stated that he 'loved nicking people' and would lock everyone up if he could.

If you spend everyday dealing with people like those they showed on the program last night I wouldn't blame them having that attitude.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
If you spend everyday dealing with people like those they showed on the program last night I wouldn't blame them having that attitude.

I would, nobody's forced him to do it, he should get another job if he doesnt like it, and if you really think that the programme isnt edited to make more interesting TV then you're sillier than some of the twots shown last night.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
What about the prat who stated that he 'loved nicking people' and would lock everyone up if he could.

He was in last week's episode. He is a traffic cop. Seemed a strange one, because his partner thought he was soft.

bobbybighead

Jun 7, 2007
well they obviously dont spend all their time dealing with people like that , so your smug :facepalm: and remark are pretty worthless arent they?

You haven't got a clue the things that have to be dealt with and then attitudes like your own. Wonder who you would call when your in trouble wouldn't be the ghostbusters would it. People might wonder why the police can come over sarcastic sometimes but when you've been called a c**t about 8 times already that day you might start to understand

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
You haven't got a clue the things that have to be dealt with and then attitudes like your own. Wonder who you would call when your in trouble wouldn't be the ghostbusters would it. People might wonder why the police can come over sarcastic sometimes but when you've been called a c**t about 8 times already that day you might start to understand
Do another job then, no-one is forcing you to be a copper.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Having had to work in the Medway area several times over the last few years I can safely say it looks much better in a thick fog.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The one with the traffic cops was dull and hopefully they watched it back and realised that they were to a man complete tools

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Liked the bit where they were trying to get that fat blimp of a woman down the stairs and she kept calling one of the coppers "a fat c*nt", and he just said a mirror may have been a little appropriate in this situation!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I reckon it is a pretty good series, all the cops seem pretty candid in giving their opinions, at times their job must seem like trying to keep a lid on a very large dustbin.

However, if I were ever a criminal...I would fancy my chances in a running race against any of the blokes from the traffic division, they were a bad advert for sitting around on your arse all day whilst stuffing your face with junk food.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I didn't see him moaning at all. He just said he understood how someone felt. That doesn't sound like a moan to me.

ACAB :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here