Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coppell to Pompey

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I thought he'd lost his passion for football?

I suppose he could have regained it too.

taking the portsmouth job will soon lose it again for him

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Apart from getting us relegated, he seems a good bloke, supported Falmer too after he had left.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
At least the VD song can still be sung loud and proud.

Took us down. Wasnt all that

I've always put that relegation down to Hinshelwood's start to the season. I think Coppell almost managed to keep us up despite the situation he inherited.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I've always put that relegation down to Hinshelwood's start to the season. I think Coppell almost managed to keep us up despite the situation he inherited.

No need to think. he almost did.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
P-O-M-P-E-Y
Coppel's got an STI
with a nick nack paddy wack give the dog a bone
Portsmouth and Palace fu*k off home

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
That isnt amazing at all

Compared to
P 14 W 2 D 1 L11 that Hinshelwood achiveed......................it was feckin miracle

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Looks like Appleton is the front runner..

Skysports.com understands West Brom assistant manager Michael Appleton is leading the race for the vacant manager's job at Portsmouth.

Portsmouth have been searching for a new manager after seeing Steve Cotterill leave Fratton Park for Nottingham Forest last month.

Sean O'Driscoll was thought to be the front-runner to fill the role after holding a couple of interviews at Fratton Park and being spotted at Portsmouth's game at Derby last weekend.

However, it appears Portsmouth have now turned to Appleton to take the reins at Fratton Park.

Appleton has established himself as one of the best young coaches in the country after impressing at West Brom.

The former Manchester United midfielder was appointed first-team coach at West Brom in JUne 2009 and took charge of first-team affairs when Roberto Di Matteo left the club in February 2011.

West Brom boss Roy Hodgson kept Appleton as part of his backroom when he replaced Di Matteo and the pair guided the Baggies to safety in the Premier League last season.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Anyone criticising the work he did for us is absolutely clueless. I don't think any manager, even Gus, could have got so close to saving us after that horrendous losing streak we had under Hinshelwood

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Looks like Appleton is the front runner..

Didn't he used to be the producer for the Old Grey Whistle Test on BBC2 in the 197s and 1980s.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He did pretty well, to the extent that with THIRTEEN matches to go we were out of the relegation zone
Pos'n played GD Pts
21 Brighton 33 -17 29
22 Grimsby 33 -26 29
23 S Wed 33 -25 26
24 Stoke City 32 -28 25

.......but we ended up relegated by five points.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He did pretty well, to the extent that with THIRTEEN matches to go we were out of the relegation zone
Pos'n played GD Pts
21 Brighton 33 -17 29
22 Grimsby 33 -26 29
23 S Wed 33 -25 26
24 Stoke City 32 -28 25

.......but we ended up relegated by five points.

Exactamondo. He took us down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here