Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coppell to Pompey

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Alongside Gus the best manager I have ever seen at the albion. I have yet to witness a shrewder manipulater of the transfer market than him, he had a wonderful knack of unearthing hidden gems from the lower league. A crying shame he left for Reading as he was building a really good squad.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Alongside Gus the best manager I have ever seen at the albion. I have yet to witness a shrewder manipulater of the transfer market than him, he had a wonderful knack of unearthing hidden gems from the lower league. A crying shame he left for Reading as he was building a really good squad.

Seemed to be a good man manager as well.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I thought he'd lost his passion for football?

I suppose he could have regained it too.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I hear Thailand is quite nice in January, so should get a couple of months work in

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Say what you like about Coppell, but he's one of the best managers we've had here in recent years

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I think Coppell is the one of the best managers this club has ever had - however, his track record for sticking it out is questionable. I give it Valentine's Day and he'll be gone again!!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Anything that pissess off Palace fans is alright by me and they've no particular love for Pomposity FC

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
He is a very strange man

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He is a very strange man
Fragile, rather than strange. He seems to do well working for homely chairmen, like Dick Knight or Wiggy at Reading. I'm guessing the board at Palace were quite understanding and "nice" people too.

Hopefully he fucks up at Pompey, or walks out nice and early. They need a spell in division 3, their rightful place.

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
Anything that pissess off Palace fans is alright by me and they've no particular love for Pomposity FC

That's a very random comment. We have no feelings towards Portsmouth at all & he's still considered a Palace legend even though he managed Brighton.

He's a class manager & if he goes to Pompey I wish him all the best of luck.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'll be very disappointed if he goes there as I've got to admit I rate him as a manager. I was rather hoping they'd get another washed up old hoof-merchant like Cotterill.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Fragile, rather than strange. He seems to do well working for homely chairmen, like Dick Knight or Wiggy at Reading. I'm guessing the board at Palace were quite understanding and "nice" people too.

Understanding and nice? I thought he worked for Ron Noades...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here