Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coppell announced as new Reading manager ***Discuss it here***

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Yorkie said:
Shorter the contract length the less compensation to pay.

Not if you are Dick Knight doing the negotiating - £230,000 is a staggering amount for a manager with only 9 months left on his contract.

I'm really disappointed in Steve. I think he's a great manager and Brighton can potentially do better then Reading. I always knew he was going, but I held out a little hope.

However, Reading have really "taken the biscuit". I hope that the media pick up on Madjeski's hypocrisy in the whole subject, and he gets some grilling for it.

I'm sure Dick Knight has someone lined up - I just hope it's someone with great contacts for all those players we need to get on loan!!!!!

I just hope SC does us a favour and not take any of our players, and relegate Reading.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
f*** COPPELL
i raelly thought we had turned him away from the Palace but it seems we haven't.

Reading are becoming Palace Mark II aren't they.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
That's my great fear now, that he'll try and nick Leon, Danny etc. Still, the fact that they're now £230K poorer won't help them there. SC has proved to a nice little earner!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
There's bound to be a no nicking players clause probably until the end of the season at which point we'll be in the same division as them so it won't be such an attractive prospect moving clubs.

Platypuss

Oct 2, 2003
I'm not sure you can have a legal clause to prevent "nicking" players, but you can have a "promise", if it's worth anything.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Both Leon and Danny have decent contracts - any approach will have to be accompanied by a substantial cash offer.

Jul 21, 2003
if silent got 230,000 then good for him now dont waste it GET THAT MONEY PLOUGHED INTO THEPLAYING SIDE AND NOT THE PIPE DREAM! its yes i agree odd to announce he is manager of a new club before announcing he has gone! so long as Silent gets a true Albion legend in we need DEAN WILKINS the man is a legend a genius and his skills and MOST IMNPORTANTLY COMMITMNET TO THE CLUB IS SECOND TO NONE no more journey men Silent learn ftrom these past errors of yours please it must be a quality Albion legend even if you go for my preferred choice DEANO joint manager with Liam Brady or another quality past manager if its Graham Rix then i think you are gonna get quite a few complaints and anger directed at you Silent please please not this loser i can see haf A block sendingtheir season ticket back if that happends

Again I say good on ya Silent 230K for a numpty manager NOW **** OFF COPPELL

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ChapmansThe Saviour said:

i raelly thought we had turned him away from the Palace but it seems we haven't.

Reading are becoming Palace Mark II aren't they.

My old man he told me
Stevie Coppell's got VD
With a knick knack paddy whack
Give a dog a bone
Reading and Palace
sod off home

jimthegoat

Oct 9, 2003
If Steve Coppell is to be announced as Reading's new manager , why have Reading got an new article on their site about Darius Henderson being recalled to impress on the new manager , Coppell knows what he is like already ........

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
When I was just a little boy
I asked my mother what should I be
Gaffer of Reading? Stay on at Brighton?
Here's what she said to me

"Wash your mouth out son,
And go get Madejski's gun..."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Titanic said:
Both Leon and Danny have decent contracts - any approach will have to be accompanied by a substantial cash offer.

Unless they both lose interest on the pitch a la Zamora. At which stage we will be obliged to sell them anyway

Bez

Jul 14, 2003
Stevie coppells illegitamate he aint got no birth certificte
He's got aids and can't get rid of it
He's a Palace/Reading bastard

:salute: :salute: :salute:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I just saw a picture of Coppell on the BBC Sport site.

You wanna know what i thought?

'What a sad little man'.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Coppell - " A man of honour and integrity " - Andy Steggle Sunday 5th October 2003

Bailed out at the first opportunity of a supposed better job/club comes aong.

Steve Coppell - " a man of honour and integrity " - Andy Steggle - Sunday 5th October 2003 - lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here