Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coppell and Virgo...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Am i right in thinking when Coppell was last here he didnt rate Virgo and tried to pack him off to Exeter?

Do you think Virgo will be worried about the possibility of Coppell getting the Job?

What would it mean for Virgo?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He wore the look of a worried man in the interview on TV last night.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
no, shouldnt think so, Virgs was 19 when that happened, he has grown up a lot since then,

whether he rates him now or not, is open to question

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Personally Virgo hasnt been Captain material this season.

So yes he should be worried. As a lot of other players and rightly so, they pretty much got Slade the sack!

Yes indeed.

All of them maybe apart from Bennett, Forster, Dicker and Crofts.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
T'was indeed Coppell who shipped out Virgo. However, that was a long time ago and Virgo wasn't really going to play much of a roll at 18, when we had other more experienced options in the form of Blackwell, Cullip and Ingimarrsson.

Not many of the Wilkins babes got a game that season. We might have stayed up if he had used Chris McPhee. :rant:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Virgo is trying to neutralise his comments made in regard to SC after MM resurrected his career. Personally I think Virgs has come across poorly in his comments to the press and let his manager down, both as an individual player and as captain. Maybe having a point to prove will revitalise him.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Sure Coppell is big enough to forgive and forget what has gone on in the past (if he gets the job) and will give Virgo a chance but the thing is Virgo of the last season and a bit has not been good enough so will have to up his game or be dropped

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
It's not unusual for an 18 year old to be farmed out to a club in lower league. I cant understand why Virgo is currently no1 scapegoat on here after all he's not the only one having a shit season is he?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
It's not unusual for an 18 year old to be farmed out to a club in lower league. I cant understand why Virgo is currently no1 scapegoat on here after all he's not the only one having a shit season is he?

Virgo is being made the scapegoat on here because too many posters think that an articulate and sometimes amusing, man ( Slade) makes a very good manager........which he obviously was not.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Virgo is being made the scapegoat on here because too many posters think that an articulate and sometimes amusing, man ( Slade) makes a very good manager........which he obviously was not.

At last, someone sees sense

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell

It's not just Virgs to be fair. If you are measuring shitness in terms of perceived effort on the pitch and the sheer level of bufoonish mistakes I suppose you could add at least Elphick and Murray to the list of scapegoats. Have these 3 played anywhere near the standard we know they are capable of? Did the management team suddenly forget how to instill some basic tactics and dicipline into the side? For me Slade has been short changed but something's not been quite right for a while now and Bloom had to act.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
FOR SALE:

CAPTAIN'S ARMBAND, HARDLY USED, LOW MILEAGE, NEVER RACED OR RALLIED

Any offer considered

P.S. Virgo should be concerned, very concerned, me thinks SC won't carry people!

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
For me Slade has been short changed but something's not been quite right for a while now and Bloom had to act.
There may be many reasons behind the scenes as to why we have been shit this year and we will probably never know the half of it but for the money spent Slades record is appalling,So there was only ever going to be one person carrying the can

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm sure Coppell will give Virgo the benefit of the doubt.

I see what you've done there Easy, but I think you'll find that if there's any benefitting or doubting to be done - young Adam is THE MAN. :thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The whole "coppell shipped Virgo out" has often been used as a negative for him, but perhaps Virgo benefitted, perhaps coppell was right to send him out and it helped Virgo develop into a £1.5 million celtic player, and Virgo should be grateful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here