Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] COP26: Just More Of The Same Hot Air?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Is he asleep!?

The f**king oaf. What a relentless bell-end.

As always he knows exactly what he's doing. Given that he's had to alienate a large amount of his populist base by making speeches in favour of radical climate action, he's now acting like he doesn't really care. I can hear the voices in Wetherspoons now: "Ah he's alright Boris, he gets it, he had to make all those speeches for the media but you can tell he thinks it's all bollocks".

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Sleepy Joe dozed off too...

[tweet]1455283505533947904[/tweet]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The Dispatches doc on channel 4 at the moment has revealed that the way the UK records its carbon footprint is completely false and very misleading, not accounting for a huge amount of emmisions. Absolutely SHOCKED I am. Who would have possibly thought it!?

its not false, its based the standard of counting output within the country's geography. the claim is that we dont count the overseas emission from goods produced there. quite right, because that emissions happened there. there are metrics that count in that way instead if you look for it. a second claim, is that because we have UK based finance and insurance involved in overseas emissions, that should count against our emissions. this is just self-flagulation.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Just seen Greta Thunberg at a protest outside, the crowd absolutely adore her, singing 'there's only one Greta Thunberg'.

Given that COP will be very much in the public spotlight over the next fortnight would be great if we could get a chant of it going at the Amex on Saturday and show Albion are leading the way on climate change activism.

"you can shove your climate crisis up your arse"
She has got the gift of the football chant about her.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
An ex of mine did a PhD in something to do with climate and ecology. I got talking to one of her professors at some event - bear in mind this was about 20 years ago - and he said many in his field believed we had already passed the point where mass migration and food shortages caused by climate change were inevitable, so that needed to be the primary focus of international effort, and reducing emissions was clearly important but secondary to the direct human challenges that could still be mitigated if action was taken early enough. It's interesting (to me at least) that this work to prepare for the direct impact on people is the second stated goal of Cop26 but didn't seem to be much of a focus at Cop25 in 2019.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
"you can shove your climate crisis up your arse"
She has got the gift of the football chant about her.

Happy for this one to get a go at the Amex on Saturday too. Great opportunity in front of the Sky cameras.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Seems that the most effective way of reducing carbon emissions is population reduction. Line up, line up......!

The elephant in the room that won't be talked about in Glasgae.....

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Until there is a financially viable alternative to anything that harms the environment, wind pissing will carry on.
I reckon most people would go for electric cars, solar panels, wind generators and other forms of non pollutants, if the initial outlay wasn't so restrictive. As for boycotting countries who continue to ignore the planets health, once again it comes down to finances.

Nibbler

710 77345
Aug 12, 2014
Westdene
COP26? What the feck have they been doing in the previous 25 meetings?!

We have the technology to reduce pollution but humans are too selfish, apathetic and generally distracted by other less important things. It's quite pathetic to watch it unfold - it's like trying to hold back a tsunami with a sandbag.

It's a bit more than just hot air. The carbon emissions from the delegates private jets is the equivalent of Scotlands total annual carbon emissions. It's a grift.

View attachment 141769

Good God. Get that fake crap out of here haha talk about conspiracy. 99% of the worlds scientists agree that climate change caused by human interference is REAL.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Johnson, as usual making a lot of noise and show-boating as if it’s his idea and as if he’s the first person to rally for climate change. While doing nothing of any substance to actually help. I’m so sick of that useless ****ing blob.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The Dispatches doc on channel 4 at the moment has revealed that the way the UK records its carbon footprint is completely false and very misleading, not accounting for a huge amount of emmisions. Absolutely SHOCKED I am. Who would have possibly thought it!?
Yep we are basically doing **** all and getting left behind, in a few years it's going to be unbearable to live here unless you have bucket loads of monies

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Johnson, as usual making a lot of noise and show-boating as if it’s his idea and as if he’s the first person to rally for climate change. While doing nothing of any substance to actually help. I’m so sick of that useless ****ing blob.

And when he is on the stage with other leaders he shuffles from foot to foot with that gormless look on his face, totally embarrassing but not as embarrassing as his suits, I thought C&A closed years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here