Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Contracts to be sorted today

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Mouldy Boots said:
I only hope they don't look at wages as be the deciding factor, i assume chippy on a fare bit more.

True, although i assume that any contracts offered would be in line with the relegation paycuts written into the contracted players contracts

bob monkhouse

Hmmmm........
Jul 6, 2003
Liphook
I would offer Nicolas 3 years - don't think he would take it though - don't think his face fits into MM's plans somehow

Hart 2 years

Mayo release - Lynch much better

Butters release - Next season a season too far ?

Dodd release - Injury liability

McCammon 6 months - Think he will score goals at this level - as proved when on loan - but again he's fallen out with MM so I can't see it happening.

Oatway - retained in a motivational role !

Chippy release - Poor season, think his legs have gone

McPhee release - never shown full potential

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
bob monkhouse said:
I would offer Nicolas 3 years - don't think he would take it though - don't think his face fits into MM's plans somehow

Hart 2 years

Mayo release - Lynch much better

Butters release - Next season a season too far ?

Dodd release - Injury liability

McCammon 6 months - Think he will score goals at this level - as proved when on loan - but again he's fallen out with MM so I can't see it happening.

Chippy release - Poor season, think his legs have gone

McPhee release - never shown full potential

OK, you let Mayo and Butters go, reasoning behind Mayo is that Lynch is better, but if Butters goes as well, surely Lynch would be his natural replacement, so who goes in at left back?

bob monkhouse

Hmmmm........
Jul 6, 2003
Liphook
Uncle Buck said:
OK, you let Mayo and Butters go, reasoning behind Mayo is that Lynch is better, but if Butters goes as well, surely Lynch would be his natural replacement, so who goes in at left back?

Keep Lynch there - El Abd and Hinsh in the centre

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:

Me. I did a decent job there for University of Bolton 2nds. I was a lot fitter then but a good preseason should see me right.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Got to keep Hart and Oatway in my opinion.

Not too fussed about the others, but i still think a fair few could do well next year

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
bob monkhouse said:
Keep Lynch there - El Abd and Hinsh in the centre

I go along with that. Would keep both guy and Mayo though. Mayo because he can play there and midfield and Guy for his experience and reckon he has another season at this level (as sub). Would also try and give Rents a run out at LB.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
bob monkhouse said:

We need a leader on the field, and Oatway is that player. I thought his performances were excellent last season, and it was his injury on Boxing Day that signalled the turning point in our season. It was all downhill from then onwards. No coincidence in my book.

Oatway simply must stay and it MUST be a playing contract.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I would like to see Mayo kept, as I think he can do a job on the elft (now and then) or in the centre of midfield. He is bulkier than a lot of our players, heaven knows we need some robust players, and he is not afraid to shoot.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
BarrelofFun said:
I would like to see Mayo kept, as I think he can do a job on the elft (now and then) or in the centre of midfield. He is bulkier than a lot of our players, heaven knows we need some robust players, and he is not afraid to shoot.

Very true. Doesn't get so flustered on the ball in that role either. Although he is slow he is fairly mobile.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
If Mayo doesn't get kept on, then we'll badly need to sign a left back this summer - something we'll inevitably fail to do 'We've been trying for the last three months but no-one wants to come due to Withdean etc etc'.

Don't think we can rely on the youngsters too much, so thinking about it, i'd keep Mayo as well

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Les Biehn said:
I go along with that. Would keep both guy and Mayo though. Mayo because he can play there and midfield and Guy for his experience and reckon he has another season at this level (as sub). Would also try and give Rents a run out at LB.

I agree with that excelt for Guy - sorry Tank. I think he needs to be playing regularly to maintain his fitness, and being sat on the bench won't do that. Unfortunately, I think he is a player that cannot really be a squad player, he needs tro be 1st team regular or nowt. Can't see him being a 1st team regular next year, so I'm afraid he's struggling to get a deal in my book.

Go prove me wrong Guy, I'd love you to. :love:

We need Mayo as cover for when we sell Lynch to Portsmouth, Southampton or Reading.

I'd release Chippy and Big Mac. Dodd pay as you play.

Last edited:

Nicolas - 2 Years
Hart - 2 years
Mayo - 1 year
Butters - 1 year
Dodd - Pay as you play
McCammon - Release
Oatway - 1 year
Chippy - 6 months to prove he's still capable
McPhee - Already on his bike.

I would like to see Guy offered some sort of coaching role as well. Yes I know we seem to have more coaches than players at the moment, but I think his experience will be vital in bringing the young lads on.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Nicolas - 2 Years
Hart - 2 years
Mayo - 1 year
Butters - 1 year
Dodd - Pay as you play
McCammon - Release
Oatway - 1 year
Chippy - 6 months to prove he's still capable
McPhee - Already on his bike.

I would like to see Guy offered some sort of coaching role as well. Yes I know we seem to have more coaches than players at the moment, but I think his experience will be vital in bringing the young lads on.
Exactly what I'd do.

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
Nicolas - 2 years
Hart - 2 years
Mayo - 1 year
Oatway - 1 year
Butters - 1 year
McCammon - 1 year
Dodd - Needs at least the summer to prove he's fit so would give him a 3 month deal.
Chippy - Release
McPhee - Release

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here