Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Contenders For The Managers Job (according to various Argus articles)

yay, another managers poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I've been away, the last I read (the Argus) Steve Coppell was a near certainty, slightly ahead of Dennis Wise. Have I missed something.:blush:

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
i'm becoming obsessed with Poyet. I would love it if we gave him a chance - he could be in the same mold as Martinez or Di Matteo. Frankly i'm bored of managers in their late 40's and 50's who have plodded around the championship/league 1 for 10 years. Its time for some FLAIR.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
i'm becoming obsessed with Poyet. I would love it if we gave him a chance - he could be in the same mold as Martinez or Di Matteo.

What, as in foreign?

You disgust me :p

Top bombing Prof, we don't just need someone foreign we need someone who is happy to wear 100% lambs wool grey v-neck jumpers like Paulo Sousa and Di Matteo, if Poyet's just gonna wear suits he can f*** off frankly!

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why don't we break it down a bit, no point having all the managers on one thread, there could be individual threads for each manager with their own polls, with options such as:

- I really want Peter Taylor as Manager
- I think I want Peter Taylor as Manager
- I'm not sure I want Peter Tayor as Manager
- I don't want Peter Taylor as Manager
- I want Peter Taylor as Number Two
- I think I want Peter Taylor as Number Two
- I don't think I want Peter Taylor as Number Two
- I don't want Peter Taylor as Number Two

MENDOZA! Get to it!

How about, "Dennis Wise IS a number two......"

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Out of those listed I would go for Steve Tilson of Southend, especially if they are wound up this week and he could bring Lee Barnard and their No 6 (Barrett?) with him.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I really don't think there's any question about this - it HAS to be Poyet who's had experience at this level and further up the food chain too. I don't think we should go for the choice that "knows the lower divisions and how to get out of them" because that shows a lack of ambition - so what if he gets us out of the division but stalls in the Championship ? As soon as Poyet left Leeds they went downhill and if he can manage that bunch of egos he should be OK with our prima donnas

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
How did Calderwood get only one vote?

He would be a top contender in anyones book with a great track record at both Forest and Southampton and by all accounts is doing a teriffic job at Newcastle.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Out of those listed I would go for Steve Tilson of Southend, especially if they are wound up this week and he could bring Lee Barnard and their No 6 (Barrett?) with him.

I thought Southend had paid they're outstanding debt and all action against them had been dropped?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here