Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Constipation

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
The seal was broken this morning. Come on!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
tedebear said:
I disagree with that - Bananas are known to cause constipation in small kids, most HV's advise to eat them in moderation! Arthur certainly suffers from it..

Open season on owning enigma.:clap2: :clap2:

Pineapples contain some chemical that accelerates digestion, cant remember the name of it.

Try laying of a fast food diet, that may help.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I wouldn't mind but I done some exercise and ate loads of veg over the weekend.

E

enigma

tedebear said:
I disagree with that - Bananas are known to cause constipation in small kids, most HV's advise to eat them in moderation! Arthur certainly suffers from it..

With all due respect, are you a doctor etc? If you are then fair enough, but if you type constipation and banana into google, you get link s such as this.....

"Bananas are of great value both in constipation and diarrhea as they normalize colon functions in the large intestine to absorb large amounts of water for proper bowel moments. Their usefulness in constipation is due to their richness in pectin, which is water-absorbent and this gives them a bulk producing ability"

http://www.manbir-online.com/nutrition/banana.htm

Good try Looney. I notice you couldnt come up with anything.
:lolol:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
enigma said:
With all due respect, are you a doctor etc? If you are then fair enough, but if you type constipation and banana into google, you get link s such as this.....

well I speak from first hand experience, trust me and ask any Health visitor, google is giving you a duff budgie, some people my son included can't tolerate too much banana...

E

enigma

tedebear said:
well I speak from first hand experience, trust me and ask any Health visitor, google is giving you a duff budgie, some people my son included can't tolerate too much banana...

Fair enough, but maybe thats a small child.... Plus noone is saying have loads!

From personal experience, they work. I also remember a mate being constipated and thats what he was told to eat.... While I'm not disputing what you say, it must work for some people otherwise there wouldnt be all those links. :)

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Search: the web pages from the UK

Web Results 1 - 10 of about 148,000 for Bananas cause constipation. (0.33 seconds

Certain medicines, such as iron, also can cause constipation. ... Squash, carrots, apples, and bananas may make the constipation worse. ...
www.healthsquare.com/mc/fgmc0302.htm - 43k -

Fibre-rich foods

Unprocessed wheat bran
Unrefined breakfast cereals
Whole wheat and rye flours
Grainy breads, such as whole wheat, rye or pumpernickel
Fresh fruits except for bananas
Dried fruits, such as prunes, apricots and figs
Vegetables except for potatoes
Legumes, such as chick peas, baked beans, lima beans and soybeans

http://www.cfpc.ca/English/cfpc/programs/patient education/constipation/default.asp?s=1

Eejit :salute: :salute:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Does plantain contain roughage?
It is commonly believed that bananas are good for constipated patients. But, it is more the starch in the bananas that loosens and softens the stools than the roughage which is insignificant.

How is this possible ?

Because constipation is absolutely not due to a lack of fiber. So called 'health-freaks', consuming lots of grains and vegetables, often are bothered by constipation and gasses.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
5th of the day has just been crimped off. Actually starting to feel some space in my guts.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I thought you were always full anyway. :jester:

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
looney said:

You need Pineapple juice to aid digestion and amyl nitrate, a few snorts of that and you'll soon be pebble dashing the walls.

oh so suddenly drugs are ok again?

when are you going to settle on your Looney image? When I first stumbled upon NSC you were bragging about weekends of grass and coke. Then you were claiming you never did them. Now all of a sudden amyl nitrate is a Looney favourite.....well, if I'm gonna sink to your level, we all know why people sniff poppers eh?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
The mother load has just been delivered, I think we are back in in action.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Richard Whiteley
19-04-2006 17:42 This person is on your Ignore List.

Sorry what was that wimp?:lolol: I bet its enigma's other account as Gimpboy here usually shows up when enigma has been owned.

Les

so your up for a stodgy kebab now then?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
looney said:

Les

As lovely an offer as that is I really don't want any of your 'kebab' thanks Looney.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I dont eat kebabs.:salute:

now you must write out 100 times "I must not eat so much shit food I get bunged up like a drain".

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
looney said:
I dont eat kebabs.:salute:

now you must write out 100 times "I must not eat so much shit food I get bunged up like a drain".

I never said you did. Amazing I seem to be the only person I know who gets bunged up when they eat more veg:down:

E

enigma

looney said:
Richard Whiteley
19-04-2006 17:42 This person is on your Ignore List.

Sorry what was that wimp?:lolol: I bet its enigma's other account as Gimpboy here usually shows up when enigma has been owned.

Les

Haha.... You clown. To be fair, neither argument has been proved, but you can never accept that you might be wrong. Thick geek. Dont try and pretend you didnt read what he said as well.

Other account? Didnt you create one of those? Didnt it get deleted? Pussyhole. I dont need another account to own you. Ask a moderator though- they can check the IP's etc if it really bothers you that much. Just shows what a sad xxxx you are. :lolol:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
enigma said:
Haha.... You clown. To be fair, neither argument has been proved, but you can never accept that you might be wrong. Thick geek.

Yes but I dont think les bin is intrested in being a guinea pig for your quack health theories. He wants a tried and tested cure.

Dont try and pretend you didnt read what he said as well.

I didn't. His posts are all the same so why bother? He's boring and a hater, worse than you muppet. i clicked on one out of curiosity to see if it would show in the thread or individually and saw another when I was not logged in, since then haven't bothered. I'm sure a mod could verify that.

:salute: :salute:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here