Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conspiracy theory - there are NO other candidates

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Might explain why Dick Knight is so happy to tell everyone the job is Gannon's if he wants it.

Maybe, despite all the talk of high quality interest, the other candidates are so poor they are expecting to only be second choice.

Is all this boasting of foreign interest (which incidentally does not mean they are any higher calibre of manager) and posturing about 'Some even mentioning Falmer...' etc just a PR STUNT?

If Gannon is the stand-out choice, and one for which Knight is so happy to show his hand over, can we REALLY have been inundated with quality applications?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If there are so many top quality managers wanting to take over then WHY has Knight come out declaring its Gannon's if he wants it?

If that is the case, Knight is acting even more unprofessionally.

At least if the rest of the people in the running were crap you could forgive him for coming out and staying he definitely wants Gannon...

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
We don't know the ins and outs but clearly Dick Knight is not just a fool who accidentally blabbed to the media. If he has taken this approach it is as a means to an end - a negotiating strategy. Why speculate over it here before the outcome is known?

If he gets his man then it worked - if he doesn't then he failed (or had another man in mind all the time). Revisit this when the game has played out.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I agree it seems a strange thing to say however DK obviously has a rapport with Gannon. Hopefully it will go some way towards convincing Gannon how seriously we want him to come down here.

If he turns us down I think the contingency may well be Forster till the end of season. Maybe even Slade coming in on a short term contract?

No other candidates being touted around fill with me confidence in the long term. I think Gannon has by far the best credentials for the job given our immediate problems and future aspirations. If we end up getting him I will be delighted no matter how we've handled the appointment.

My conspiracy theory is that there is a whole NETWORK of people out there somewhere who are conspiring to BLAME Dick Knight for EVERYTHING that happens.

I suspect they use the INTERNET to further their mysterious AGENDA.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Maybe the Blooms are interviewing people Knight doesnt know about, and Knight is interviewing people the Blooms dont know about and we will end up with two managers saying they have the job, and it goes down to a public vote who gets the job where we all have to text in and 38.6p of the £1 text goes to comic relief and the rest of the money to the new managers summer transfer kitty?

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
My conspiracy theory is that there is a whole NETWORK of people out there somewhere who are conspiring to BLAME Dick Knight for EVERYTHING that happens.

I suspect they use the INTERNET to further their mysterious AGENDA.

My inside source, a brighton fan, tells me this is highly likely. But I can't name names.

I'd say. More likely, Knight really wants Gannon, thinks Gannon will be worried about leaving Stockport and the potential (with the way things are) of being got ridden of... So KNight is thinknig, lets make it blatently obvious we really want him so he can feel better about walking out even though we're below Carlisle and we can reqassure him of his position.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
Really?

Ray Bloom was the only director that did not walk out when Archer was selling the family silver, suggests a lack of sense, at best.

OR, because we wanted to help the club (as he has done) and not feed us to the sharks and let us go completely under...!?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Might explain why Dick Knight is so happy to tell everyone the job is Gannon's if he wants it.

Maybe, despite all the talk of high quality interest, the other candidates are so poor they are expecting to only be second choice.

Is all this boasting of foreign interest (which incidentally does not mean they are any higher calibre of manager) and posturing about 'Some even mentioning Falmer...' etc just a PR STUNT?

If Gannon is the stand-out choice, and one for which Knight is so happy to show his hand over, can we REALLY have been inundated with quality applications?

yes - you know you may be right! why dont you write a blog about it?

Alternatively you could be wrong about this.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Really?

Ray Bloom was the only director that did not walk out when Archer was selling the family silver, suggests a lack of sense, at best.

He was the only director and shareholder (other than Archer) who didn't take his money out when the Goldstone was sold.

I asked him about this once and he said he felt it was better to stay on the board and try and influence them to make sensible decisions for the long term future of the club from the inside. The reason he gave was how hard his father had worked to keep warring boards on the right track previously.

he may have been right, he may have been wrong but it is only fair to put his comments across

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What amuses me about allof this is that Blooms are now seen as our saviours as the men that are providng the money for transfers etc. Didnt MP say that when Falmer is finally granted and started building we/ the club would get back all of their legal expenses that they spent fighting the case which amounted to about £3m or am I mistaken. Could this not be the money that bought McNulty and Davies and has or is paying off MA?

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
He is tarred by the events of the previous owners and should not be anywhere near our club now.

Thing is, with all due respect, if he had left you would be saying ' oh he's a wimp and bailed out, he was obviously involved' etc etc. I think we must have respect for someone (including fans) who has stuck with the Albion through the last 10 years of troubles, it's not as if Bloom stayed knwoing that 2 years later we'd get Falmer and all owuld be well...it's been a dog fight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here