Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conspiracy theory - there are NO other candidates

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Thing is, with all due respect, if he had left you would be saying ' oh he's a wimp and bailed out, he was obviously involved' etc etc. I think we must have respect for someone (including fans) who has stuck with the Albion through the last 10 years of troubles, it's not as if Bloom stayed knwoing that 2 years later we'd get Falmer and all owuld be well...it's been a dog fight.

Campbell went, after the ground was sold and has said his piece on it and that is the end.

Bloom stayed around and whatever his reasons is part of that regime and should not be anywhere near the Albion now.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I do tend to think that ANYONE involved in the previous regime should be long gone.

I tend to think I am DELIGHTED that the Bloom family are still actively involved. They have put millions into the club over the recent years and we would have been in very deep trouble without that cash... and no sign of it coming from elsewhere either.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
I completely disagree.

1) Why is it fair for non-guilty parties, who although they were there but didn't directly sell goldstone, to just leave and leave others to pick up the slack...sounds ridiculous to me. I think anyone who has stuck around is clearly a real Brighton fan. If all had left imagine the even higher mountain Knight and co. would have had to conquer.

2) You seem to be inferring that perhaps they could have stopped it in some way, which seems obsurd to me. Because, surely they'd have just cashed in and jumped ship and not stayed around for all these years... So really, you just wanted them to be martyrs even though them leaving wouldn't have been for the 'greater good'...!?

3) Within football, you need hunger. And I would say that surely someone who had been at Brighton in the good days (as we've seen with a lot of ex-managers) and then saw/went through the awful period would be more hungry for sucess and fight harder...!?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I tend to think I am DELIGHTED that the Bloom family are still actively involved. They have put millions into the club over the recent years and we would have been in very deep trouble without that cash... and no sign of it coming from elsewhere either.

Is the correct answer.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Gannon begs to differ

Given the candidates that are in for this job and that there's a long way between me being the new Brighton manager, I think there's a good chance I will be the manager of Stockport County against Huddersfield Town," said Gannon.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
With Dick saying that Gannon is the new preferred manager its like he is saying he is implying to hold 2 aces in a game of Texas Hold 'em but who knows if he is bluffing.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
My conspiracy theory is that there is a whole NETWORK of people out there somewhere who are conspiring to BLAME Dick Knight for EVERYTHING that happens.

I suspect they use the INTERNET to further their mysterious AGENDA.

just because youre paranoid, doesnt mean they are NOT out to get you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here