Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Conspiracy theories

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Wait.....what? :mad:

So...some parts of 9/11 are genuine (ie Al-Qaeda flew two planes into the Twin Towers, say) but other parts are a conspiracy (the US Government or the CIA or someone just coincidentally demolished another tower, or flew a plane into the Pentagon, on the exact same date)? :ohmy::mad::mad:

join the dots ???

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So I'll have to settle with 'the theory of six' which, much as I like, I don't think goes far enough.

I have never seen a team of six people manage to work on something for a week without there being a cock-up, something unexpected, some outside influence etc, etc meaning that the plan has to change. And that is not including the significant support services you have to lay on for any team of 6 to actually do anything.

The very idea that any of these things could be planned, managed, carried out successfully and then kept secret (often by hundreds of people for years) is the very definition of idiocy.

(Except Southwick tunnel of course)

Or maybe I should just be impressed at how imaginative the human mind can be when left to it's own devices with no other purpose in life :lolol:

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Leo’s penalty has returned to earth

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
[MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] has mostly answered that for me here.

By casting doubt on the Pentagon part, what you are actually saying is that the US Government were in on it and were primed and ready to destroy their own defence HQ in order to "prove" that the planes that flew into the towers were controlled by terrorists. Furthermore, that this perfectly sequenced own goal was carried out and since then, not one single whistle blower who was "in on it" has come forward. In other words, you are casting doubt on the whole event. And, yeah, if I was a relative of a victim, I'd find that pretty disgusting.

You seem to have either not read or not addressed why I feel like that, even though it's earlier on this thread so, again, here's the impact of the Shayler conspiracy on an actual 7/7 victim.

And if you and [MENTION=316]Albion Dan[/MENTION] think a mod shouldn't be picking you up on this nonsense, then I'd suggest you take issue with [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] over his Baron-Cohen posts and report post #2 on this very thread. Let's see where that gets you.

It depends on if you were a victim that believe the official version or not.

You seem to believe that only a handful of ****tards have any doubt about it, which is really not the case - no matter if you are right or wrong.

https://web.archive.org/web/20081217161036/http://www.zogby.com/search/ReadNews.dbm?ID=855

"Half of New Yorkers Believe US Leaders Had Foreknowledge of Impending 9-11 Attacks and “Consciously Failed” To Act; 66% Call For New Probe of Unanswered Questions by Congress or New York’s Attorney General, New Zogby International Poll Reveals"

I think its actually quite likely a lot of victims who do not believe the official 9/11 version would be happy if someone listened to them rather than being like the establishments and its lickers (like you) rather than being seen as lunatics for ever doubting the Holy US Government.

911worldopinionpoll_Sep2008_pie.png

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Some things that are considered as true today started out as conspiracy theories in their time.

https://www.readersdigest.com.au/tr...nspiracy-theories-actually-turned-out-be-true

Those examples started as hypotheses or concerns resulting from a inconsistencies between official messaging and experiences. In such cases they should initiate a process of investigation and examination of all the evidence. From what I can see in the case of conspiracy theories we tend to see cherry-picking of evidence which recognises anything that supports the theory and ignores anything that doesn't. There is no scientific rigour about the process at all.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Who really shot JFK? - Probably Lee Harvey Oswald, but possibly the deep state to silence him.

Did men really land on the moon? - Almost certainly.

Did Paul McCartney die and was then replaced by a lookalike Beatle? - I doubt it.

Did Leeds get cheated out of their rightful place in European football history ? - Probably not, but if they did... :shrug:

Was 9/11 faked and who by and to what end? - Probably done by Muslims, but if not it could’ve been a good way to crack down on people and also cover up a lot of money laundering.

Did Prince Charles/Philip/The Queen have Lady Di bumped orf? - Wouldn’t have thought so, but maybe she found out about certain things (see below) and needed to be silenced.

Are the Royal family lizards? No, but they might be part of an international Paedophile ring. I remember when saying that Prince Andrew was a bit shady was considered a conspiracy theory. And Jimmy Savile had the run of Buck House.

Is Covid a scam, to make the rich richer and the poor more subservient? - a simplified take on it but it could be. If it’s not then it’s having that effect anyway. The Book of Revelation talks about the end times being when one beast system (the AntiChrist system) is destroyed and replaced by another (the False Prophet system). If this is the case then expect to soon witness what appears to be a great economic reset, where currencies are replaced, debts wiped out, and money being sloshed around for all. But beware, because elsewhere in the Bible it says that Solomon is worth 666 gold pieces. And the mark of the Beast is also 666 - which suggests that this mark will be currency.

But on the other hand, maybe Covid is just a nasty virus that people are overreacting about and it’ll all be sorted out with a vaccine.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So I'll have to settle with 'the theory of six' which, much as I like, I don't think goes far enough.

I have never seen a team of six people manage to work on something for a week without there being a cock-up, something unexpected, some outside influence etc, etc meaning that the plan has to change. And that is not including the significant support services you have to lay on for any team of 6 to actually do anything.

The very idea that any of these things could be planned, managed, carried out successfully and then kept secret (often by hundreds of people for years) is the very definition of idiocy.

(Except Southwick tunnel of course)

Or maybe I should just be impressed at how imaginative the human mind can be when left to it's own devices with no other purpose in life :lolol:

This is the most common argument. "People and organisations cant keep secrets".

Its pretty flawed in a lot of ways.

On one hand: obviously these things have not been kept secret, as we are discussing them right now. If you mean secret as in "not confirmed by mainstream media", it might be true. http://www.carlbernstein.com/magazine_cia_and_media.php

Moving on, the idea that everything always turns into public knowledge is absurd and barely worth answering. If this is the case, could you spend five minutes and google a map of all classified UK military locations and send it to me? Multiple people probably have seen one so all the information is definitely out there, if secrets can not be kept.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This is the most common argument. "People and organisations cant keep secrets".

Its pretty flawed in a lot of ways.

On one hand: obviously these things have not been kept secret, as we are discussing them right now. If you mean secret as in "not confirmed by mainstream media", it might be true. http://www.carlbernstein.com/magazine_cia_and_media.php

Moving on, the idea that everything always turns into public knowledge is absurd and barely worth answering. If this is the case, could you spend five minutes and google a map of all classified UK military locations and send it to me? Multiple people probably have seen one so all the information is definitely out there, if secrets can not be kept.

Of course all the facts are there and if the UK government were to make the announcement that there were no classified military locations in the UK (like conspiracy theorists think that these powerful organisations tend to do), the locations would be all over public media within minutes due to the fact that thousands of people in the UK (and probably most developed countries security services) know all the details of every classified military location. You know that there is knowledge in the world that hasn't yet been put onto a map on google ?

I really don't understand the point you are trying to make :shrug:

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Said by the man who clearly hasn’t spent time in the military or on a military establishment. They stick out like sore thumbs as any secret base would need to be secure and protected. Funnily enough this isn’t something that you can do under the radar.

Secret locations in the U.K. are secret not because we can’t seem them but because we don’t know what they are doing in them.

Btw, serviceman are shit at keeping their mouths shut!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It depends on if you were a victim that believe the official version or not.

You seem to believe that only a handful of ****tards have any doubt about it, which is really not the case - no matter if you are right or wrong.

https://web.archive.org/web/20081217161036/http://www.zogby.com/search/ReadNews.dbm?ID=855

"Half of New Yorkers Believe US Leaders Had Foreknowledge of Impending 9-11 Attacks and “Consciously Failed” To Act; 66% Call For New Probe of Unanswered Questions by Congress or New York’s Attorney General, New Zogby International Poll Reveals"

I think its actually quite likely a lot of victims who do not believe the official 9/11 version would be happy if someone listened to them rather than being like the establishments and its lickers (like you) rather than being seen as lunatics for ever doubting the Holy US Government.

View attachment 129966

That's literally a couple of opinion polls with nothing proven either way. There's no indication of the sample size, the question wording, whether it was multiple choice. I really don't think that they asked EVERY New Yorker. Or let me put it another way. It is not acceptable on NSC to start threads about other users, but, hypothetically, if I was to start a poll that said "do you think Swansman has a good grasp of Graham Potter's tactics?" with a simple yes / no answer you might do quite well. If I then started another that said "do you think Swansman, who admits he hoards pizza boxes, smokes weed, believes in conspiracy theories and wants to build a sex dungeon under the Amex is a bit mad?" you might not fare so well. If nine of the first ten people who replied said you were mad and I then closed the poll, would it be fair of me to troll you for the rest of your NSC career saying 90% of NSC users thought you were mental?

Your use of a poll where people have picked out Israel as an answer, together with other stuff you've posted on this thread, also make me think you're an anti-semite. That's really not a good look on here considering who owns the club.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Said by the man who clearly hasn’t spent time in the military or on a military establishment. They stick out like sore thumbs as any secret base would need to be secure and protected. Funnily enough this isn’t something that you can do under the radar.

Secret locations in the U.K. are secret in as much as we can’t seem them. It’s just that we don’t know what they are doing.

So, not as good at keeping secrets as the electricity suppliers, water companies, technology and infrastructure suppliers, caterers, building maintenance, dustmen etc :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Indeed. One of my best mates is an ex-submariner. One time he told me, after a couple of beers, something he really shouldn't and that I hope never to repeat. Not a big conspiracy but an "operational incident". I would bet quite a lot of money that I'm not the only person in the UK who wasn't on the sub who knows the story.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That's literally a couple of opinion polls with nothing proven either way. There's no indication of the sample size, the question wording, whether it was multiple choice. I really don't think that they asked EVERY New Yorker. Or let me put it another way. It is not acceptable on NSC to start threads about other users, but, hypothetically, if I was to start a poll that said "do you think Swansman has a good grasp of Graham Potter's tactics?" with a simple yes / no answer you might do quite well. If I then started another that said "do you think Swansman, who admits he hoards pizza boxes, smokes weed, believes in conspiracy theories and wants to build a sex dungeon under the Amex is a bit mad?" you might not fare so well. If nine of the first ten people who replied said you were mad and I then closed the poll, would it be fair of me to troll you for the rest of your NSC career saying 90% of NSC users thought you were mental?

Your use of a poll where people have picked out Israel as an answer, together with other stuff you've posted on this thread, also make me think you're an anti-semite. That's really not a good look on here considering who owns the club.

I didnt go searching for the one including Israel or some poll that proved my point, I just took the first examples from this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polls_about_9/11_conspiracy_theories

I know its hard for you to accept but its not a tiny little deranged minority that believes 9/11 is shady.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I know its hard for you to accept but its not a tiny little deranged minority that believes 9/11 is shady.

It was nineteen years ago now and all of that time spent in the digital / internet age. Plenty of time for many who remember it to have died, others to have been born and many, many bullshit theories to have appeared. If you asked people in the few months afterwards you'd probably get a much more accurate answer.

People on the internet can't even decide if a dress is blue or gold.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
[MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] has mostly answered that for me here.

By casting doubt on the Pentagon part, what you are actually saying is that the US Government were in on it and were primed and ready to destroy their own defence HQ in order to "prove" that the planes that flew into the towers were controlled by terrorists. Furthermore, that this perfectly sequenced own goal was carried out and since then, not one single whistle blower who was "in on it" has come forward. In other words, you are casting doubt on the whole event. And, yeah, if I was a relative of a victim, I'd find that pretty disgusting.

You seem to have either not read or not addressed why I feel like that, even though it's earlier on this thread so, again, here's the impact of the Shayler conspiracy on an actual 7/7 victim.

And if you and [MENTION=316]Albion Dan[/MENTION] think a mod shouldn't be picking you up on this ( :lolol: :lolol: wtf is this!?) nonsense, then I'd suggest you take issue with [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] over his Baron-Cohen posts and report post #2 on this very thread. Let's see where that gets you.

:shrug:

Consipracy theory thread.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Indeed. One of my best mates is an ex-submariner. One time he told me, after a couple of beers, something he really shouldn't and that I hope never to repeat. Not a big conspiracy but an "operational incident". I would bet quite a lot of money that I'm not the only person in the UK who wasn't on the sub who knows the story.

I know the (ex) navigator of the nuclear-powered sub that ran aground off Skye (Astute). He has some interesting tidbits of information. He's also a tosser (for unrelated reasons).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It was nineteen years ago now and all of that time spent in the digital / internet age. Plenty of time for many who remember it to have died, others to have been born and many, many bullshit theories to have appeared. If you asked people in the few months afterwards you'd probably get a much more accurate answer.

People on the internet can't even decide if a dress is blue or gold.

These polls were not done today but in 2008 (the picture) and 2004 (the link).

The theory that i.e. the US government arranged this themselves occured immediaty, its not some far away afterthought.

As for "people on the internet", that includes you and 4,6 billion other people.

Really grasping for straws here. That you wont accept anything but the US Government official version is not surprising, a lot of people function like that. But its quite astonishing what a hard time you have to accept that a fairly large amount of people see it in a different way.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Not sure this counts as conspiracy but a mindblowing theory is we are all basically living in a computer simulation. Certainly a theory increasingly considered possible by some of the greatest minds on this planet.

https://youtu.be/4ayKGypTtAI

https://youtu.be/2KK_kzrJPS8

Then if you start to understand that the code behind our dna, all nature, and the universe is bonded by the same golden ratio mathematical equation everything we understand as real starts to get pretty weird. like is a simulation we exist in based entirely on this mathematical equation?

https://youtu.be/c8ccsE_IumM

Then we have quantum theory showing that there are parallel worlds and time lines in which many different versions of our reality exist.

https://youtu.be/kTXTPe3wahc

Anyway who knows? I'd like to believe there is an alternative reality where we beat West Brom.

Ultimately I think when you consider all of the science demonstrated above you'd be pretty narrow minded and actually down right foolish to think some of simple conspiracies in comparison above are implausible. Keep those minds open people. [emoji23]

1/ We are not living in a video game or computer simulation. Believing we are living in a video game or computer simulation is not “science” or “science demonstrated”. It is not narrow minded or foolish to discount the notion we are living in a video game or computer simulation. This is the sort of accusation flat earthers throw around “ open your mind man, don’t be so narrow minded and foolish”

2/ Parallel worlds is an interesting concept, everything though becomes interesting and possible when you throw the rule book on the laws of physics out the window. But you are confusing theorises with “showing that there are”

2/ The Golden Ratio
Much easier just to quote extracts from here

https://www.fastcompany.com/3044877/the-golden-ratio-designs-biggest-myth

“It’s bullshit. The golden ratio’s aesthetic bona fides are an urban legend, a myth, a design unicorn. Many designers don’t use it, and if they do, they vastly discount its importance. There’s also no science to really back it up. Those who believe the golden ratio is the hidden math behind beauty are falling for a 150-year-old scam”

……..

“First described in Euclid’s Elements 2,300 years ago, the established definition is this: two objects are in the golden ratio if their ratio is the same as the ratio of their sum to the larger of the two quantities. The value this works out to is usually written as 1.6180”

….

When you do the math, the golden ratio doesn’t come out to 1.6180. It comes out to 1.6180339887… And the decimal points go on forever.
“Strictly speaking, it’s impossible for anything in the real-world to fall into the golden ratio, because it’s an irrational number,” says Keith Devlin, a professor of mathematics at Stanford University. You can get close with more standard aspect ratios. The iPad’s 3:2 display, or the 16:9 display on your HDTV all “float around it,” Devlin says. But the golden ratio is like pi. Just as it’s impossible to find a perfect circle in the real world, the golden ratio cannot strictly be applied to any real world object. It’s always going to be a little off.
It’s pedantic, sure. Isn’t 1.6180 close enough? Yes, it probably would be, if there were anything to scientifically support the notion that the golden ratio had any bearing on why we find certain objects like the Parthenon or the Mona Lisa aesthetically pleasing.
But there isn’t. Devlin says the idea that the golden ratio has any relationship to aesthetics at all comes primarily from two people, one of whom was misquoted, and the other of whom was just making shit up.
The first guy was Luca Pacioli, a Franciscan friar who wrote a book called De Divina Proportione back in 1509, which was named after the golden ratio. Weirdly, in his book, Pacioli didn’t argue for a golden ratio-based theory of aesthetics as it should be applied to art, architecture, and design: he instead espoused the Vitruvian system of rational proportions, after the first-century Roman architect, Vitruvius. The golden ratio view was misattributed to Pacioli in 1799, according to Mario Livio, the guy who literally wrote the book on the golden ratio. But Pacioli was close friends with Leonardo da Vinci, whose works enjoyed a huge resurgence in popularity in the 19th century. Since Da Vinci illustrated De Divina Proportione, it was soon being said that Da Vinci himself used the golden ratio as the secret math behind his exquisitely beautiful paintings.
One guy who believed this was Adolf Zeising. “He’s the guy you really want to burn at the stake for the reputation of the golden ratio,” Devlin laughs. Zeising was a German psychologist who argued that the golden ratio was a universal law that described “beauty and completeness in the realms of both nature and art… which permeates, as a paramount spiritual ideal, all structures, forms and proportions, whether cosmic or individual, organic or inorganic, acoustic or optical.”
He was a long-winded guy. The only problem with Zeising was he saw patterns where none exist. For example, Zeising argued that the golden ratio could be applied to the human body by taking the height from a person’s navel to his toes, then dividing it by the person’s total height. These are just arbitrary body parts, crammed into a formula, Devlin says: “When measuring anything as complex as the human body, it’s easy to come up with examples of ratios that are very near to 1.6.
……….

In conclusion birds aren’t real

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here