Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to the ticket refuseniks.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I stayed in last night after shooting a few hoops (not streetslang for popping Celtic fans) post-workedly. I was rather tired and just about stayed awake for bits of radio and the last The Hour. Asleep by about 10.30 in the end, over the moon that we'd beaten the Sunders and really proud of the team. I didn't roll around in bed, tugging madly at the sheets, feeling like an idiot. Just as i don't when an away game costs too much to travel to or i have something else interesting to do or simply like the idea of sometimes doing nothing. I'm glad for those who went and had a lovely time, i really am, but my thoughts of the price of the tickets for a tournament i still don't give an arse about still stand and i won't be desperate to go to the next round unless it's against Palace maybe.
The haha-in-your-face routine is a tad unsavoury, but i don't think i'll have my feelings hurt by some online bigknob today if you don't mind.

D

Deleted member 18477

Well done to those people who refused to pay the club's "inflated" prices for the Sunderland game.

You missed a full-strength Albion side playing fantastic football against a virtually full-strength Premier League team and beating them - a great occasion that will go down in club history. Oh, and you would have got an extra 30 minutes for your money.

So congratulations. I hope you're enjoying reading about it all this morning while feeling pleased with yourselves for not contributing to the furnishings at Dick Tight's Spanish villa. Probably not as much fun as it was watching it ...

dear oh dear. Pathetic!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I too am pretty sure this thread was aimed at those who thought the tickets were overpriced for what was going to be on offer not gloating at those who couldn't afford it. Major over reaction.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can't afford to go to many games, I have other priorities, but I thought the ticket prices were fair. But I thought the OP was a post about those complaining about ticket proces, not about those of us that can't afford to go.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Well done to those people who refused to pay the club's "inflated" prices for the Sunderland game.

You missed a full-strength Albion side playing fantastic football against a virtually full-strength Premier League team and beating them - a great occasion that will go down in club history. Oh, and you would have got an extra 30 minutes for your money.

So congratulations. I hope you're enjoying reading about it all this morning while feeling pleased with yourselves for not contributing to the furnishings at Dick Tight's Spanish villa. Probably not as much fun as it was watching it ...

Dick moved back to Hove a long time a go now.

But Christ, if you are that bitter when Brighton are winning, you have some serious mental health problems.

The League Cup in the early rounds has low attendances these days, but Brighton's as a proportion of league game averages, compared to other clubs, is great.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I think the OP clearly is being a bit of a plonk..I, like quite a few others could not afford to go but I also don't think that the price of the tickets were unreasonable...It would have just cost me £44 for me and my two lads...A bargain to see a Premier League team get beaten by the team I've supported for the last 30 odd years.

However, after spending two weeks on holiday with my kids and the missus and having to fork out for day trips, etc IN ADDITION to the normal paying bills, etc, etc (Oh how my heart bleeds!) I just could not afford to spend this on another game - so don't mock some of us who would have loved to have gone, but had circumstances which led us not to go, as I'm guessing you get free tickets and don't have to shell out £25 for a ticket and by making posts like you've done make you come across as a bit of a plastic.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I can't afford to go to many games, I have other priorities, but I thought the ticket prices were fair. But I thought the OP was a post about those complaining about ticket proces, not about those of us that can't afford to go.

Quite. And if season ticket holders choose not to go and we still get 17K that includes lots of different people experiencing the Albion it can only be for the good.

However if anyone thought the Club over-priced the game and the team would be greeted by swathes of empty seats - they were spectacularly wrong. The Club knew their market.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Great game, great performance in beating a full strength premier league side but the tickets were too expensive. At the moment it is all a novelty but next season the gate would have been considerably lower at those prices. Lots of people are still going to their first games at the Amex.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It was only overpriced to the extent that many STH's could not afford to go which hit the atmophere dreadfully in the first half.

However as far as the club is concerned it was not overpriced as 17k where there

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It was only overpriced to the extent that many STH's could not afford to go which hit the atmophere dreadfully in the first half.
I expect that more STHs didn't go because they couldn't afford the time for a midweek game, rather than couldn't afford the price. There were only a few thousand less than our first ever competitive game at the Amex.

However if anyone thought the Club over-priced the game and the team would be greeted by swathes of empty seats - they were spectacularly wrong. The Club knew their market.

So five and half thousand empty seats was a good thing?

Those who think the prices were not too high are deluded - a very significant number of fans were discouraged by the pricing - FACT

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Some may have been like me, all-night ferry lagged, just returning from holiday with kids etc and bills but who were prepared to pay £28 but couldnt get into the ground because the phone ticket lines and internet closed down at 5:00 PM !

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
There are other issues around the low gate. I know a STH who was due to be out of town but found out yesterday that he could get to the game. Hours of phoning the club and trying to buy a ticket online got him nowhere. There seems to be no way of buying a ticket after 6 for midweek games, but you can buy one almost up to kick-off for Saturdays.

Chunk

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Are you sure you not "Are Andy Naylor" :)

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
So five and half thousand empty seats was a good thing?

Those who think the prices were not too high are deluded - a very significant number of fans were discouraged by the pricing - FACT

Some of those were in the away end to be fair. Not a good thing - but a respectable attendance. People were discouraged by the pricing of course, but plenty of people still came. And there were cheap seats in the family area for juniors.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here