Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations Ryan Giggs

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
sports personality of the year 2009 :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

now, can somebody remind me just what he has done this calendar year to deserve such an accolade? the phrase "making a mockery of an award" doesnt even come close!

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
First footballer to win 11 top division league titles in England, and scored in 11 successive seasons?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Shagged a couple of sheep?

if that is all you have to do to win such an accolade, then i will almost certainly be paying several visits to my local farm over the course of 2010

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Well deserved, a true sportsman, to be playing like he does at his age is amazing! Most decorated player ever in the premiership......the youngsters these days could learn alot off him...its not about Bling...but being a professional!!

Well deserved!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
First footballer to win 11 top division league titles in England, and scored in 11 successive seasons?

yes - more than worthy of a lifetime award or career achievement award. not sports personality of the YEAR, implying that he has achieved more than anyone in the calendar year of 2009

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well deserved, a true sportsman, to be playing like he does at his age is amazing! Most decorated player ever in the premiership......the youngsters these days could learn alot off him...its not about Bling...but being a professional!!

Well deserved!

Well said :clap:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...have to admit that I didn't see that one coming...and judging by his response, neither did he!

No denying that he is a great footballer, but for a years achievements there were several others who deserved it more.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
yes - more than worthy of a lifetime award or career achievement award. not sports personality of the YEAR, implying that he has achieved more than anyone in the calendar year of 2009

Spot on, exactly. What a joke it is - he clearly would have got the lifetime award at some point anyway, so this was utterly unnecessary.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I really do think he has been a tremendous ambassador for football, an integral athlete and played at the highest level for far longer than anyone I can remember.

Thoroughly deserved.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He has been QUALITY the last 12 months - not sure if he's done better in terms off one-off achievements, but he has been good. At least deserves some credit!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here