Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations George Dubya Bush

skitz

Feb 24, 2004
Smithers-Jones said:
Skitz, you are obviously passionately committed to environmental issues, and for that I applaud you.

Not really, I'd just rather breathe clean air, not have water coming through my front door, not see places like Holland and the south of England under water, have a bit of the polar ice caps around and stuff like that.

I found your views on the armed forces in particular, to be patronising. As I said in a previous post, I served in the army, and can assure you that there are many over there who do have reservations about what they are doing.

I'm sorry if the "intelligence/guts" comment came across as patronising. I know some of the people out there have reservations. That frustrates me, because I feel they should speak out. They don't, fair enough. In the end, all I care about is that people like me are dying in the name of oil.

For most yanks it boils down to this: "Who do I trust to stop terrorist attacks such as 9/11 happening again on US soil? I know sweet FA about Kerry and his policy, so I better stick with Dubya, because at least I know he is for a strong policy against terrorists."

And these people are f***ing idiots. They obviously haven't bothered to read up on it at all. All they listen to is the images of Bush telling them that the terrorists will be knocking down their doors tomorrow unless they vote for him (check this out for a laugh.) The last brain cell to leave America has turned off the lights.

Smithers-Jones

Mar 26, 2004
Eltham
I agree, they are f***ing idiots. I don't think you will find too many on here who would argue that point. But unfortunately that is the nature of the american citizen. When you are talking about a population of whom only about 17% own a passport, then they are obviously going to be insular. Not a great deal we can do about that. If you look at the posts on here about the election you would find that the majority want(ed) Kerry to win.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Is that true? Only 17% own a passport? Bloody hell!!! That really does say it all. Maybe a good foreign policy would be to make them all get passports and get out and see some places and see how America is viewed by the rest of the world.

I have felt so anti-American during this administration and I don't think I have ever felt that way in my life before.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bush had the clearest win since 1988 with 3 500 000 more votes than Kerry. Americans would always go for the hardline in the middle of their on terror.

America's Winston Churchill ;)

Only kidding :lolol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Kerry would have to get 90% of the unregistered votes which aint going to happen in Ohio, he is on target to get 48%.

Game over.

4 more years of Georgy.

Iran, North Korea ? , choices choices.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I reckon France. Why not?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I listened to 5Live this morning and Hail to The Thief by Radiohead on the way into work. I was furious by the time i got here and pissed off three people in my first hour at work.

What a sad day for the world. The people of Iran and North Korea must be shitting themselves. 1,000's more innocent people to die. I bet the Southern Irish are glad that they don't have oil.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think the North Koreans are ok as Bush hasnt got the guts to go there, and lets face it, their people could probably really do with some help.

Gareth, out of interest, do you think we should go into Iran?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Another bad day for the media too. Everyone assumed that a big turn out would be good for the Democrats but as it transpired, Karl Rowe did a briliant job in getting the Republican mid-west vote out in huge numbers.

We go on holidays to New York, Boston, LA or San Francisco but it's this America, the mid-west, which is so different to us in Europe. Those who live there, the religious right, are now the most powerful electorate in the world. They are also the most ignorant. They make me very angry.

But the Democrats must also shoulder a lot of the blame. Kerry was no where near strong or charismatic enough. Clinton would have killed Bush. And if they can't beat Bush now who's presided over a disastrous war and faltering economy, what hope is there for a future Democrat victory ?

It's a bad world.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Great news for Team GB! We get to keep our big stick for another 4 yrs.

Now Tony needs to start hitting a few people with it.Well, after May anyway.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I am so f***ing angry :angry: :angry: :censored:
Lying, cheating, corrupt c**t in power for four more years.

What the f*** happened in Florida? :nono: :nono: What the f*** happened in Ohio? :nono: :nono:

55 million voted for John Kerry and he still lost. Talk about a divided nation. And a divided world. No one outside of the USA will welcome this crook back in power.

:nono:

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Biscuit said:
I am actually gutted. How can American's be so stupid...TWICE!

Pathetic, ignorant, self obsessed country.
This is exactly the same way as some people felt about Britain electing Thatcher three times. It is not the country that was stupid, it was just the decision of the electorate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here