Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congestion charge in Brighton & Hove

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
sounds great and maybe would not run at a loss (increased fares for late night/early morning) ect but I'm afraid all the time you have the certain political parties around its not going to happen unless Brighton suddenly goes over to the party with green logo

... who will insist that all the buses run on four-star squirrel tears or re-cycled bayleaf sap.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Brighton Corporation:-

782px-Brighton_Corporation_23.JPG

Brighton Hove & District:-

fuf63.jpg

Not sure those pictures reflect the colours in use during the 1950's. I agree with Gwylan Brighton Corporation red was a different shade to the Brighton & Hove Buses. The bottom picture is definetly a corporation bus but the enthusiasts who have saved it have put on the B & H D logo not the corporation logo.
Here's a pic from the Amberly Museum of a corporation bus. Difficult to tell but the shade of red looks different to me. Even if it is not I'm sure Gwylan's memory is correct.

Attachments

• bbus3 (Small).jpg
    bbus3 (Small).jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 71

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
just ban all (non local) cars, and put on more park and ride buses - with cheaper fares please!

or, maybe rent out the empty car parks that accompnay the various office blocks along preston road..?

seiously though folks, i dont think the council realise that cars are a fact of life nowadays.. people still need to get around, and buses dont go everywhere that people need them, or at convenient times..

and i dont recall so many queues of traffic BEFORE they starting restricting the flow along London Road etc, by reducing two lanes to one, having massive (under used?) bus lanes, etc.

Last edited:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The car hating in Brighton is a nightmare,especially for those who live elsewhere.
We live near Chichester and my wife is put off visiting the Theatre Royal and other venues in the city because of the aggravation and cost of parking.The last trains from Brighton to Chichester are way too early to use this form of transport if you are going to an evening 'do'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here