Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Confirmation Vicente has signed! [Season 1: 2011]

BHAFC4EVER

BOO!
Jan 20, 2009
RH20
I am half expecting it to be announced later this afternoon.
I get the feeling the longer we wait the less likely he is to sign for us and if we haven't got him signed up by the weekend then I think someone else will.
The journos and pundits that say it is a done deal do/can not know as until the papers are officially signed anything could happen.
Fingers crossed time I guess!

Im sure i saw on SSN last night something about players need to be signed up by Saturday as clubs have to submit their 25 man squads. So its today, tommorow or never!

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
The development squad just drew 3-3 with the first team at the Amex. Maybe Vicente was there looking at all our talent

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Doesn't really matter what anyone says, most of us will be shitting ourselves until the official confirmation comes through.

Oh, and for the record, take anything Naylor says with a HUGE pinch of salt. He gets it wrong almost as much as he gets it right, and most of the time he has no real clue anyway since Gus keeps his cards close to his chest (Not really blaming Naylor actually, for that reason)

Disagree, he has a policy that (as far as I'm aware- no evidence to disprove it) he only releases information from credible sources. It's the only real way he (and The Argus) can compete with NSC, think of it as their selling point. We may get a wide range of information passing through here and we may beat him to a lot of stuff. But if it comes through him/The Argus, it carries some credibility with it. So when he says it's essentially in the bag, I would believe him. The only evidence any of you have to contradict that is that it is taking a while to announce..

As another poster on these forums said- it's not just AN's reputation at stake. The Spaniard who tweeted (Bal- something?; I presume Vincente's agent) would likely not release the information he did unless it was pretty tied up.

Chill. Contracts (especially those for footballers) take a while to draft and re-draft. I imagine Vincente's would be more complicated than your average signing, too.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Im sure i saw on SSN last night something about players need to be signed up by Saturday as clubs have to submit their 25 man squads. So its today, tommorow or never!

The Championship doesn't have a 25 man squad rule? That's only the Premiership?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Disagree, he has a policy that (as far as I'm aware- no evidence to disprove it) he only releases information from credible sources. It's the only real way he (and The Argus) can compete with NSC, think of it as their selling point. We may get a wide range of information passing through here and we may beat him to a lot of stuff. But if it comes through him/The Argus, it carries some credibility with it. So when he says it's essentially in the bag, I would believe him. The only evidence any of you have to contradict that is that it is taking a while to announce..

As another poster on these forums said- it's not just AN's reputation at stake. The Spaniard who tweeted (Bal- something?; I presume Vincente's agent) would likely not release the information he did unless it was pretty tied up.

Chill. Contracts (especially those for footballers) take a while to draft and re-draft. I imagine Vincente's would be more complicated than your average signing, too.

I take your point, but the fact is until he signs the paperwork, anything can happen, and anything Naylor, his agent, my next door neighbours cat said previously, is rendered null and void.

For that reason, I will be nervous until it's finally announced.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
that shit rumours site has Blackburn fans claiming they are now in talks with him???

"01 Sep 2011 10:58:28
Vicente to Brighton deal not done. I have connections in Blackburn Rovers and late last night they moved to also secure Vicente with an improved offer. Its all to play for today"

hmmmm I hope its in the 90% of bullshit on that site, they were after him before though :down:

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I take your point, but the fact is until he signs the paperwork, anything can happen, and anything Naylor, his agent, my next door neighbours cat said previously, is rendered null and void.

For that reason, I will be nervous until it's finally announced.

Oh yeah, for sure- completely agree with you. But I don't think Naylor said it's done- I think he said it's essentially there and the minor details are being ironed out. Possibly regarding image rights etc as I believe the regulations on them are different in Spain and England. Who knows? I'm nervous as hell! But looking through neutral eyes the deal should still go through just fine...

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here