Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Confirmation Vicente has signed! [Season 1: 2011]

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I have heard something that people will not want to hear....

I know someone who's good mates with an agent who has represented Spanish players in England. I have been told that he had a few phone calls yesterday from clubs asking how they could get hold of vicentes representatives....

Don't shoot the messenger!!!

Its obvious other clubs would be interested. You dont think he just woke up 1 day and thought "Hang on a minute, i must go to Brighton". That is not the case. Gus lured him here, he sold the club to him. As he has said, he's not here for the money. He just wants to play. All will work out. I dont doubt what your saying though

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Surely this weather must help make his mind up its a great day

Went to Amex earlier in the Sun. Predictably, summer arrived in Sept!

The place looked amazing, shop doing great business, a hive of activity all round, and Brezovan whizzed past in a new Touareg.

Hopefully comes across as great for any new signings looking round.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Gus is selling the dream that nobody else can. CMS went and spoke to others but came back to (G)us. I have faith Beeeeeethentee will do the same
But Cms is a lower league journeyman

Vicente is world class..... If Newcastle or everton come in for him his head will be turned I'm afraid

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Its obvious other clubs would be interested. You dont think he just woke up 1 day and thought "Hang on a minute, i must go to Brighton". That is not the case. Gus lured him here, he sold the club to him. As he has said, he's not here for the money. He just wants to play. All will work out. I dont doubt what your saying though

I don't trust agents.... They got some great pr yesterday and picking Someone like Brighton ensures no one is intimidated to make a move in England for his services. Plus the player is now in the country.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011

Vicente is world class..... If Newcastle or everton come in for him his head will be turned I'm afraid

Would he adapt to those kinds of teams though? Our football is much more fitting with Spanish style, if Gus is right and money isn't the main driver then I could see him choosing us and joining Gus's dream rather than hacking away at midtable boredom.

Money isn't everything, I just quit my job and will happily get paid half my salary to do something I enjoy more!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Possibly, but then we are told that its not about the money, and the guy is desperate to PLAY.

Would he be keen to move to a club at the same level as the one that he's just left through lack of playing time?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The longer it goes without an announcement the more concerned I get. If it was so close it needs to be tied up very soon

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Would he adapt to those kinds of teams though? Our football is much more fitting with Spanish style, if Gus is right and money isn't the main driver then I could see him choosing us and joining Gus's dream rather than hacking away at midtable boredom.

Money isn't everything, I just quit my job and will happily get paid half my salary to do something I enjoy more!

We'd struggle to pay even a quarter of his old wage! Fingers crossed they can come to an agreement though.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
The longer it goes without an announcement the more concerned I get. If it was so close it needs to be tied up very soon

Bear in mind that gus and the players would have been training this morning and so any announcement would not be until around 3pm-ish just like some of the other players we've signed recently.

Panic not!

Super Gus!

Mar 3, 2010
Bear in mind that gus and the players would have been training this morning and so any announcement would not be until around 3pm-ish just like some of the other players we've signed recently.

Panic not!

exactly... wouldn't be surprised if vicente trained today with the team.

where are the spies!!?

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton

Bit harsh? He's excelled everywhere he's been and has gradually moved upwards throughout his career. To me, "journeyman" is someone who has been there & done it but isn't ever the main man. The Championship isn't a lower league either & he won't be dropping below that any time soon :).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Would he adapt to those kinds of teams though? Our football is much more fitting with Spanish style

this is what ive been telling people in the office who ask "what the f*** is doing at Brighton?". if he'd wanted to just go anywhere, he could have told his agent to contact the clubs, do the PR whatever. he would have got a few phone calls back im sure. doesnt need a fake club move to generate publicity and get him into the country.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Im sure if he trained someone would have said. My mate works in admin at amex and gus arrived there at 12.30 with Charlie Oatway. No sign of Vicente tho. Maybe he is on the 25 bus on his way

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I know this has been said before, but just spoke to my mate who had chat with Charlie Oatway at the amex who told him the deal is basically done. Make of that what you will. Basically dont help much though.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Have just heard it could take up to 10 days for Vicente's paper work to be completed, as he is a free transfer. Lets hope this is not the case, this would leave the door open for other clubs to come and take him from under our noses.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't trust agents.... They got some great pr yesterday and picking Someone like Brighton ensures no one is intimidated to make a move in England for his services. Plus the player is now in the country.
That's ridiculous. It's not done until it's done, but to suggest he came here and went for lunch with Gus etc, just to get some publicity, is crazy talk. It's not that I'd put anything past a low life agent, but there are easier ways for 30 year old Spanish international, who is on a free, to get publicity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here