Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Confirmation Vicente has signed! [Season 1: 2011]

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Have just heard it could take up to 10 days for Vicente's paper work to be completed, as he is a free transfer. Lets hope this is not the case, this would leave the door open for other clubs to come and take him from under our noses.

Must be a whole tree's worth of paper then

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I'm gonna call it now, he won't sign for us, team like Everton will come in last minute and take him to the EPL, you heard it here first.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Maybe all the photos of him on here and sent out to various media outlets yesterday has put him in the shop window for other clubs who are now circling like vultures to snap him up.

...........Or we could all be patient and stop panicking

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Andy Naylor says its in the bag. Do you really think he would say that if he wasn't in the know. His life would be hell if it was to be wrong

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
I still believe he will sign for us, Gus seems to have that magic touch, plus Gus, Tanno, and calde all speak spanish, so i see that as a major plus.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Maybe all the photos of him on here and sent out to various media outlets yesterday has put him in the shop window for other clubs who are now circling like vultures to snap him up.

...........Or we could all be patient and stop panicking

I'll take option 2 please Carol :clap:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
To be honest, the only reason he'd go to the prem is for money, and with his injury record, he would likely be on a pay as you play deal. Down here he'd be on a solid wage while being first choice (if he's fit) and would be an impact player if slightly unfit. This guy seems like a footballer through and through, turning down what could have been ridiculous money at real Madrid to play for his beloved team.

But really who knows, I guess we'll find out in due course.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Andy Naylor says its in the bag. Do you really think he would say that if he wasn't in the know. His life would be hell if it was to be wrong

Naylor also said he "was certain" deal for Murray would happen and he'd stay

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Naylor guesses as much as we all do. I'm slightly worried that it hasn't been announced now although they tend to announce these things in the afternoon after the players have trained. Fingers crossed.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
i hope im wrong but seeing that everton did show an interest last month dont you think loseing beckford and arteta and the fact that the transfer window is shut might make them look at him again?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
The fact that he even come for talks shows that he is interested. Im sure his agent could offer him around England. Pretty much any team outside the top six would take a punt on him on a free. But he chose to see Gus. I personally reckon the deal has been in the pipeline for a while. I bet he is getting a guided tour of Brighton as we speak. Once he has seen what the City has to offer then its a no brainer. Playing attractive football, in a good passing team with a great young manager and stadium with great chance to get to the premier league...... Or got to Blackburn with a shit manager, shit ground fighting a relegation all season. Everton are piss poor and will be in a relegation scrap too. Although they do have a great manager.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
And that CMS was 'definitely' not coming to Albion- that on the day he signed :facepalm:

yeah Kazenga I remember that classic, said he was off to Leicester, when the national media says he was coming to us.

Naylor gets most of his info on here

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...This guy seems like a footballer through and through, turning down what could have been ridiculous money at real Madrid to play for his beloved team.

and i trust this is the reason for the interest in Brighton, to find a new beloved club. we've even got a posh spice song ready (see "the other stuff" forum). in years to come he'll be known as OVR :lolol:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Naylor would be slaughtered if this fell through. He would have to resign, Would have lost his last tiny bit of credibility

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I am half expecting it to be announced later this afternoon.
I get the feeling the longer we wait the less likely he is to sign for us and if we haven't got him signed up by the weekend then I think someone else will.
The journos and pundits that say it is a done deal do/can not know as until the papers are officially signed anything could happen.
Fingers crossed time I guess!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Doesn't really matter what anyone says, most of us will be shitting ourselves until the official confirmation comes through.

Oh, and for the record, take anything Naylor says with a HUGE pinch of salt. He gets it wrong almost as much as he gets it right, and most of the time he has no real clue anyway since Gus keeps his cards close to his chest (Not really blaming Naylor actually, for that reason)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here