Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Confirmation Vicente has signed! [Season 1: 2011]

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If it helps your, er, excitement, I'd not heard of the fella until I opened this thread.

I vaguely remember him in a Spain shirt from a few years back and I certainly know then name, but if he came up to me in the street today and tried to sell me his dog, I'll be honest, I wouldn't recognise his face.

Fur Cough

This is potentially one of the top 3 greatest ever signings this club has made.....

If this comes off then I will predict that we will be kicking off the 2012/13 season 4th in the league table alphabetically behind Arsenal, Aston Villa & Bolton Wanderers!

Arsenal and Bolton maybe but I just can't see Villa being relegated this season.

:moo:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
f***ing hell the player was Spanish footballer of the year 7 years ago, will beleive it when i see it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I vaguely remember him in a Spain shirt from a few years back and I certainly know then name, but if he came up to me in the street today and tried to sell me his dog, I'll be honest, I wouldn't recognise his face.

Is this the dog?

im_famous_in_spain_dog_shirt-p15510735288554972822l08_400.jpg

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
This is insane. During the summer I was happily confident that we could sneak into the playoffs - and would have gladly taken that, even if I couldn't believe others thought we'd be maybe mid-table. Being top after 5 games didn't really change that - good start, maybe increased the chances of finishing 6th.

But now? If this really happens then I will start to genuinely believe we will be Premier League next year. Madness I tell you, MADNESS!

(Shocked comment from Spurs supporting colleague: "I used to sign him on Champ Manager! I'd be excited if WE signed him!!")

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
Okay folks - I don't post much and have never done any rumour type things before so....

I have just seen Gus, Tanno and three other men entering Galileo italian restaurant in Woodland Drive.

I was buying a paper from the shop next door and it took me a while to work out what was going on.

The other four had gone into the restaurant but Tanno was still outside so I politely asked him "Are we signing Vincente Rodriquez" and he looked at me suspiciously and said "Yes we are" and continued in to the restuarant.

What does Vincente look like - I didn't get a very good look at the other three men but one looked a bit like Cristian Baz if that's any use?

This was at 1.45 pm...

Oct 25, 2003
to those that haven't heard of him, it definitely says more about you than it does him

he's a BIG name....300 games for one of the biggest clubs in europe and 38 games for spain..........yes, it was before spains dominance of world football, but in that time they were still better than england!

if we'd signed a player who's only THIRTY with 38 england caps and 300 appearances for, say, tottenham, you'd be pretty exited yeah?

Oct 25, 2003
Okay folks - I don't post much and have never done any rumour type things before so....

I have just seen Gus, Tanno and three other men entering Galileo italian restaurant in Woodland Drive.

I was buying a paper from the shop next door and it took me a while to work out what was going on.

The other four had gone into the restaurant but Tanno was still outside so I politely asked him "Are we signing Vincente Rodriquez" and he looked at me suspiciously and said "Yes we are" and continued in to the restuarant.

What does Vincente look like - I didn't get a very good look at the other three men but one looked a bit like Cristian Baz if that's any use?

This was at 1.45 pm...

vicente - Google Search

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
If he's out of contract no need to rush it through today if it is happening. Wonder if its just a publicity stunt to try and get a better offer from someone else.

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
According to Wiki now, he's actually a Plymouth argyle player. He played for us -20 times and scored -12 goals. I don't remember that! :D

So, if its on Wiki it must be true. He's not coming now :tantrum:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

This was at 1.45 pm...

Pics?

If anyone lives near there could you go and have a look please, preferably take some pics if it's true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here