Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Confirmation Vicente has signed! [Season 1: 2011]

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
TommyBrewerz Tommy Brewer ♥
Just seen Robert Pires with sky reporters outside the amex maybe new signing for brighton #bhafc
1 minute ago

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I am amazed that some people aren't that impressed by this!

From what I have read about him he would be a fantastic signing. People have been going on about Owen etc, I reckon this is a bigger signing than Owen would have been.

Correct.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Hmmm. I do wonder if he knows we're not top flight. Marca certainly seem to have missed that fact. I'm with you, Easy. Always nice to sign a class player, if he still is one, but we're not exactly short of wide men, are we? The need is probably greater in other areas (not that I won't welcome him if he does sign, of course).

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
He may not be the vicente of 5 years ago but if he could get 50% of his form from then we have 1 heck of a player in Championship terms. I can remember Alex Ferguson raving about him. He is a class act and i think he he does sign it is an absolute master stroke from GP and TB. Imagine what Nooney can gain from his experience. Its a no brainer

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
This is potentially one of the top 3 greatest ever signings this club has made.....

If this comes off then I will predict that we will be kicking off the 2012/13 season 4th in the league table alphabetically behind Arsenal, Aston Villa & Bolton Wanderers!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Albion got an edge on Premier League rivals.

Prem rivals eye Vicente | Everton News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

One article written in the Times by Jonathan Northcroft had made an unconscious attempt to group "Vicente and Rufete" as the "modern-day wide players" (and I am using this label due to lack of a better name, really) and "Kewell and Gonzales" as the "pure wingers".

His statement was this:

"It is curious it has taken him so long, because his wide men at Valencia were not pure wingers but players who could come inside to either supplement their strikers or their midfield."

Comment: he might play the Messi-style role behind the main strikers.

[MENTION=11493]Cecil[/MENTION] [MENTION=11499]simmo[/MENTION] - take note :lol:

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Like.

[MENTION=4470]Tim[/MENTION]othyhodge
Tim Hodge
If Brighton have signed Vicente that's actually ridiculous!! He'll rip the Championship apart. And then eat it. And spit it out, in disgust.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If he turns out to be fit then I will definitely begin nursing a semi, and who KNOWS where that may lead.

Lots of question marks in my mind over a signing like this though. I guess I'm just not USED to us actually signing players I've heard of. Its taking some time to adjust.

If it helps your, er, excitement, I'd not heard of the fella until I opened this thread.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
As a postscript to my own post, having said that, most of the comments left on Marca's website are EXTREMELY complimentary about him, wishing him good luck, some expressing disbelief that he's dropping into the second tier. Possibly because the second tier over there is nowhere near as strong as it is here, but there you go.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I have reason to believe that this is definitely happening. Never posted anything involving a "source" before, but on this occasion it sounds very good.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I understand why there are people questioning do we need another wide player.

It is worth keeping in mind though that 5 games in and already 2 of them have missed time through injury.

If our wing type players are going to keep getting knocks and injuries we probably could do with another wide option.

Especially given we designed our ground to provide lots of width to suit our style of play.

I think there's method to Gus madness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here