Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Concourse televisions

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Any chance they could put the game on for those finishing their drinks at half time?

I understand the whole 'get behind the team' thing, but with the length of time it takes to get service, would it kill them to put the match on for at least five minutes after the restart? There were so many people left on the West Lower concourse after the second half had begun having waited for a ludicrous amount of time for a beer.

Without wishing to start another moan-fest about the bar staff, surely it's down to them that people are missing chunks of the game (which they've paid for).

Non?:annoyed:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I sort of understand the club not wanting to show the match in the concourses but please press the bloody subtitle button, I can sort of lip read but i'd need a gram of speed to keep up with Gus' post match interviews.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Some volume after the game would have been nice. The whole country heard Gus's post match Sky interview except those of us who went to the game!!

Pump up the Volume.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Daft idea, just watch the f***ing game! If we showed it on the concourse screens we would have chumps who would stay there all of the second half!

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Christ :facepalm:

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
maybe you should watch it the pub then you can drink as much as you want and not miss any football :facepalm:

Daft idea, just watch the f***ing game! If we showed it on the concourse screens we would have chumps who would stay there all of the second half!

Not sure which part of 'the first five minutes' you two didn't understand...

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Really don't understand the desperate need for a beer at half time with the inevitable amount of the match you subsequently miss. I'd rather they stop serving beer at half time rather than showing the game on the tellies

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Really don't understand the desperate need for a beer at half time with the inevitable amount of the match you subsequently miss. I'd rather they stop serving beer at half time rather than showing the game on the tellies

Why would they stop selling beer when it's sure to bring in a fair amount of money?

Is there any chance people could go 90 minutes without a pint :facepalm:

Surely you can understand that people will have a drink when the 'meal deal' offers revolve around pints of alcohol???

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Is there any chance people could go 90 minutes without a pint :facepalm:

Factoring in the half time interval it's at LEAST 105 minutes without a pint, for some people that's just not possible.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Surely you can understand that people will have a drink when the 'meal deal' offers revolve around pints of alcohol???

Ok, why can't people go 90 minutes without a pie and a pint - how do poeple cope working without a pie and a pint every 45 minutes.

Factoring in the half time interval it's at LEAST 105 minutes without a pint, for some people that's just not possible.

And with a possible extra 10 minutes for added time of course, and I'm forgetting the fifteen hour trek home for those who live more than half a mile from the ground

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Ok, why can't people go 90 minutes without a pie and a pint - how do poeple cope working without a pie and a pint every 45 minutes.

Because you can still be hungry and/or thirsty at a football match? You human needs aren't put on hold, unfortunately. Think that's actually the reason the club, and every other football club in the country, persist with the selling of food and alcohol.

Because it would mean the team playing in front of a full stadium for the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half rather than a half empty one as people would rather chuck another pint down their necks

If they've paid to be there, they can do what they like.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

And the club can choose to encourage them back to their seats by not showing the game rather than choose to show it and keep people back in the bars

Because you can still be hungry and/or thirsty at a football match? You human needs aren't put on hold, unfortunately. Think that's actually the reason the club, and every other football club in the country, persist with the selling of food and alcohol.

Fortunately these items are readily available before and after the game

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants

Whats all this Bollocks that because they have paid for their ticket they can do what they like. Does this mean that it entitles them to return late to their seat, make me have to stand up as many as 20 times, and let them at the same time obstruct my view of the game. What happens on the pitch is more important to me than trying to get to the bar, take a leek yes, but get back to your seat before K O.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Without wishing to start another moan-fest about the bar staff, surely it's down to them that people are missing chunks of the game (which they've paid for).

Not necessarily.
Maybe it's down to people wanting/needing to queue up for their hourly intake of alcohol.

It's not compulsary, you know.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

Every time this argument comes up I make the same point. I am right at the back of the North Stand, and it usually takes a few minutes to get down onto the concourse. Once again last night I queued up for the toilet, got a beer, drank it, and was back in my seat, missing 0 seconds of football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here