Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Concourse televisions

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Every time this argument comes up I make the same point. I am right at the back of the North Stand, and it usually takes a few minutes to get down onto the concourse. Once again last night I queued up for the toilet, got a beer, drank it, and was back in my seat, missing 0 seconds of football.

Unfortunately it's not as easy as that in other parts of the ground. You can spend the full 15 minutes just queuing, let alone walking down to the join the queue and then the time to actually drink/eat whatever it is you have purchased

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Unfortunately it's not as easy as that in other parts of the ground. You can spend the full 15 minutes just queuing.

As I have not been in any other areas, I will have to take your word for it. But the North Stand is pretty rammed.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
CHANGE OF LAW NEEDED??? Fans should able to bring one drink back to seats within the 1st ten mins of 2nd half ??? This must be a problem all over the UK surely someone needs to start a campain that it would make more sense to drink a pint slowly than to chuck it down your throat in5 mins flat.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Only once in the WSU have I bothered going for a beer at half time, but by the time I'd been served, I had about 3 minutes to down my pint before the 2nd half was due to kick off.

I therefore concluded that its utterly pointless. Unless you are quite happy to miss the end of the 1st half or the beginning of the 2nd, then at best all you'll manage is a VERY rapid chug before hairing off back to your seat. I like a beer as much as the next man, but not to the extent I feel I MUST have one at the interval.

I save it for the post-match postmortem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here