Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Concerts at the Amex

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I feel it is unlikely that there will ever be any concerts at the Amex. How many bands are gig enough? How likely are they to want to play a gig that big on the south coast, especially with London so close? How many stadiums ever actually have concerts? Off the top of my head I only think of the ones mentioned in Strings post, Old Trafford (cricket) and the Reebok.

Last edited:

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
The MK Dons are playing host to JLS this summer (God forbid!)

Other stadiums that have had gigs also include The Millennium and City of Manchester.

Brighton isn't far from London but it is quite an attractive market and there is currently nothing bigger than the very tired Brighton Centre.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
One to add - Take That are at Villa Park this summer (I'm taking the missus).

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I feel it is unlikely that there will ever be any concerts at the Amex. How many bands are gig enough? How likely are they to want to play a gig that big on the south coast, especially with London so close? How many stadiums ever actually have concerts? Off the top of my head I only think of the ones mentioned in Strings post, Old Trafford (cricket) and the Reebok.

Er, pretty much every stadium has them doesn't it? Some examples for you from recently:

Carrow Road - Tom Jones
City Ground - REM
Ricoh Arena - Take That
Stadium MK - JLS
Elland Road - Kaiser Chiefs
Madeski - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Portman Road - REM and Nial Diamond
Vicarage Road - Elton John
Pride Park - Monster Jam (ok, truck racing, not a concert)
Stadium of Light - Pink

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Why has Reebok been turned in to a link on my post? How did that happen?

It has changed back to normal now, I edited the post so maybe that got rid of it. How peculiar.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Why has Reebok been turned in to a link on my post? How did that happen?

It has changed back to normal now, I edited the post so maybe that got rid of it. How peculiar.

It happens with a lot of company names, npower, reebok, pepsi, amazon.

Think it's to raise revenue.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
It happens with a lot of company names, npower, reebok, pepsi, amazon.

Think it's to raise revenue.

Only npower for you this time. Pepsi and Amazon obviously aren't lining Bozza's pockets sufficiently :lolol:

Yes, I do know that the money goes to the upkeep of this site.

Harrods?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rolling Stones please!

They'd be better of performing on Hove seafront with zimmer frames. Please tell me that they've called it a day :facepalm:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Using the giant screens for the visuals they could have Star Wars in Concert at the Amex.

tangfastic

Nov 1, 2009
hove

Bob Dylan has played the brighton centre a couple of times. i've seen him severl times, at several places but i'd love to see him at the Amex.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
MK dons hold them. As does the KC as does St Mary's as does Elland Road etc etc etc etc etc etc

Plus I'm pretty sure it was common knowledge that FB Slim will be having one.

From the Argus(talking about the beach boutique gig)

Yesterday Cook said: "It's just too expensive to do it unless we get an enormous sponsor. I'd love to but it's just too difficult.

"But if we can't do it on the beach anymore maybe we can find somewhere else in the city. I hear there's a new football ground opening next year."

Brighton and Hove Albion director Cook, a dedicated supporter of the club, has often been rumoured to be the act lined up to open their long-awaited new 22,500 seat stadium at Falmer. His latest statement is the clearest hint yet those rumours will become reality.

Albion's chief executive Martin Perry yesterday said the club was supportive of the idea.

He said: "We would love to do a concert with him at the stadium but we have not had any talks about it as yet."

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
2 shows a year (at present). [source MP]

The stage can be fitted on the East Stand or either of the North or South Stand, depending on the booking agent/act, and what they want to do, it will not be the clubs responsibility. [source MP]

Stadium was designed with concerts in mind as an alternative event. According to the guy who presented it to us, he told us that places like the Ricoh have been very successful with the acts that have been there, for the reason it sounds great. This gives it a good reputation in the music industry, and acts specifically request to play there, that is what they plan to do with Falmer. They fully expect us to have top drawer acts playing at Falmer, none of that f***ing xfactor shite.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Keep 8th October 2011 free

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hmm. International weekend so possibly no fixtures if in the Champoinship. But surely they won't want to cover the pitch and go through all the hassle during the football season?

Its going to be relaid after the Monster Truck Racing event on 8th October anyway. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here