Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

concerns for tues

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Players like Haha will always be inconsistent at that age, he was still the scums best outlet against Cardiff even if there wasn't much end product.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Freedman just needs to tell everyone we are running scared and we are bound to win. Brilliant pics in the local paper here of all those downhearted Palace fans this week following their defeat in the Carling Cup and hope they look and feel the same this week after we beat them.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Calderon's best position is right-midfield as he can't defend for toffee.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm a little concerned too. How often do you see "giant slayers" lost their next game, especially when playing a team that is supposed to be on a slide, or at least have had a disappointing last result. On paper we're above them in the league by four points, have just beaten newcastle and deserved it to a degree, are on a three game winning streak in the league, and they have just hadtheir bubble burst after deservingly losing in the semi final of the league cup, on penalties having played extra time, their captain is suspended; we should win with ease.

But how often is the paper result shwn to be completely wrong in these situations?

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Calderon's best position is right-midfield as he can't defend for toffee.

+1
I watched the game on tv last night rather than going and it was obvious he's not up to it defensively. Attacking wise, yep great player, defensively not so much so we could get someone much better to play rb.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
We are undefeated in 2012 and back
in our stride.

Set up perfectly for a Palace win and we never hear the end of it.

I am more than a little concerned about this game after the shocking performance we put in against them at the Amex.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'm a little concerned too. How often do you see "giant slayers" lost their next game, especially when playing a team that is supposed to be on a slide, or at least have had a disappointing last result.

On the other hand, our record in league games straight after playing top flight clubs is pretty impressive....

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Wait - did you not watch their match against Cardiff (who we creamed at theirs) and our match last night against a top-half Premiership side?

Zaha, for one, was so ineffectual - a total paper tiger of a player. The defender nicked the ball off him so many times I had to wonder if this was a schoolboy I was watching.
He couldn't beat his man.

We have players who can get past defenders, outstrip them for speed and send them the wrong way.
If our players have good team-work up front and we keep a discipline (should they try to rile us), then we need have no fear against the lower-half opposition cristal palace.

Zaha killed us at home, you obviously didnt go.

Calderon is a decent player but lacks pace. quick wingers will have a field day against him IMO. Why does he always looked so knackered, even before games.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Zaha was pretty decent in the first half v Cardiff, but as soon as they started man marking him he faded completely. And also lost his rag. He did nothing in the second half. He also suffers from that trait common in speedy young wingers: ie he looks awesome until he actually has to cross a ball, at which point he hammers it into the first defender, or spanks it into row J.

Zaha killed us at home, you obviously didnt go.

Calderon is a decent player but lacks pace. quick wingers will have a field day against him IMO. Why does he always looked so knackered, even before games.

I prefer not to overdo the 'fear' of one player, even though he was effective at ours and we clearly weren't ready to deal with him (or Murray it turned out).

Prefer to focus on turning a home win against distant 'giants' from a higher league, into a result at the local up-the-road away game on Tuesday.
You can tune up for "Zaha will tear us apart, again" or "ffs Murray", but perhaps Gus can reflect on things and we can drop the nervousness because the pressure is now on them, and not us.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I prefer not to overdo the 'fear' of one player, even though he was effective at ours and we clearly weren't ready to deal with him (or Murray it turned out).

Prefer to focus on turning a home win against distant 'giants' from a higher league, into a result at the local up-the-road away game on Tuesday.
You can tune up for "Zaha will tear us apart, again" or "ffs Murray", but perhaps Gus can reflect on things and we can drop the nervousness because the pressure is now on them, and not us.

I think its a difficult game to call. I have learnt my lesson trying to predict Albion results - too hard!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
My concern is that Poyet pays this game lip service yet again while still getting a lazy lob on about southampton.

I know palace have to pick themselves up BUT I guarantee Dougie will be in that dressing room right in players faces saying to each player domt f***ing lose dont f***ing lose dont f***ing lose.

I doubt gus will. So gus I am available for the pre match team talk. I dont trust you on this one im afraid.

I think its a difficult game to call. I have learnt my lesson trying to predict Albion results - too hard!

Well I wouldn't actually want to predict it either. There will have been plenty of people last time saying "we are going to massively do palace at the Amex", but to the players that just puts on a pressure they can't necessarily relish.....and it puts egg on the faces of the boasters.
I know everyone WANTS revenge for the last match, but tradition after a cup win decrees that there'll be a disappointing aftermath - and palace will want to put their cup loss behind them from earlier in the week.
It won't be a simple game, just as Leeds, Blackpool, or West Ham weren't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here