Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Computer hacking question

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
My brother inlaw email accounts and facebook etc... have all been hacked.
Well his family computer at his mums house has been seized by the police according to his mum, my brother is a solider and is doing training in Canada to be sent to Afghanistan.

What i dont get is why the police have taken his computer, can they tell by that were the hack has come from, he does not get on with his Mum and family any more at all.

I personally think it was his family that have done it, i have been accused aswell so i hope my name gets cleared also which would be nice.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Am I the only one that finds large areas of the above, well, all a bit odd?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Lets say that my facebook account was hacked.

I would not expect the police to come around.

Why was the computer taken? did u mean that it was used for hacking? by a hacker?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
No confusion, as such. I should imagine many people have their email etc accounts hacked from time to time, but hardly ever have their computers seized by the police. The only circumstances I can imagine the police seizing computer equipment is if they suspect it contains details / records of illegal activity.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Lets say that my facebook account was hacked.

I would not expect the police to come around.

Why was the computer taken? did u mean that it was used for hacking? by a hacker?

I have no idea, lol. Sorry my English is awful, and yes i am English lol.

My brother is away with the army at the moment, whilst he has been away a number of his accounts have been hacked, my sister has received abuse from his family as well while he has been away.

I sent his mum and email telling her to leave my sister alone and that the hacking is stupid and that it i believed it was them doing it, she then said it was me blah blah blah. And she was going to the police about it. I said well thats fine by me, as im sick to death of having my sister ring me up every day saying his mum has said this his mum has said that etc......, then maybe we can get to the bottom of what really is going on.

My family just came over to see my and they said the my brother inlaw home computer has been seized by the police. His mum has apparently said this to my sister. I think its bollocks as i cant see the police taking away his computer. But all the private conversations between my bro inlaw and sister have been deleted yesterday.

Makes no sense to me, but my Mum wanted to know if the police would take the computer, as i have no idea.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
f***ing hell, no wonder the police haven't got time to detect and solve real crimes if they could caught up in this sort of shit all day long.

Jan 30, 2008
I have no idea, lol. Sorry my English is awful, and yes i am English lol.

My brother is away with the army at the moment, whilst he has been away a number of his accounts have been hacked, my sister has received abuse from his family as well while he has been away.

I sent his mum and email telling her to leave my sister alone and that the hacking is stupid and that it i believed it was them doing it, she then said it was me blah blah blah. And she was going to the police about it. I said well thats fine by me, as im sick to death of having my sister ring me up every day saying his mum has said this his mum has said that etc......, then maybe we can get to the bottom of what really is going on.

My family just came over to see my and they said the my brother inlaw home computer has been seized by the police. His mum has apparently said this to my sister. I think its bollocks as i cant see the police taking away his computer. But all the private conversations between my bro inlaw and sister have been deleted yesterday.

Makes no sense to me, but my Mum wanted to know if the police would take the computer, as i have no idea.
contact Jeremy kyle !!!

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Lol it does seem like something on Jezza.

I just told them i dont want anything to do with it any more, if the police come knocking to talk to me then so be it, but il tell them there wasting there f***ing time on a pointless argument lol.

I just dont believe they would take his computer over this case

Jan 30, 2008
Lol it does seem like something on Jezza.

I just told them i dont want anything to do with it any more, if the police come knocking to talk to me then so be it, but il tell them there wasting there f***ing time on a pointless argument lol.

I just dont believe they would take his computer over this case
Do you drink in the Railway club ?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The police would only seize a computer if they thought it may contain evidence of an offence.

So unless they think he's been harassing someone, carrying out computer hacking in the same manner as that geek that was arrested this week, or had items of an illegal nature on the hard drive, there wouldn't be any other reason for it.

Purely from what you've said, I would guess that the family members have made a complaint to police, and thus they've seized his computer to examine it for evidence of the alleged offence.

It does all sound a bit Jeremy Kyle though, I'm sorry to say.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
You are out of luck NG, the local plod are all too busy doing their Christmas shopping on QVC to sort this out :nono:

Edit: must be an ad break!

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
The police would only seize a computer if they thought it may contain evidence of an offence.

So unless they think he's been harassing someone, carrying out computer hacking in the same manner as that geek that was arrested this week, or had items of an illegal nature on the hard drive, there wouldn't be any other reason for it.

Purely from what you've said, I would guess that the family members have made a complaint to police, and thus they've seized his computer to examine it for evidence of the alleged offence.

It does all sound a bit Jeremy Kyle though, I'm sorry to say.

it does lol.

I think its bull shit that the computers been taken.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here