Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Commute home from LONDON tonight

Don't forget all you London commuters that tonight, for your entertainment, London commuters will be used as a "test" for the Olympics Crowd Control.

Good luck.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
It flowed better than normal to be honest

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I came through London Bridge this morning at about 7:45 and whilst it wasn't an issue getting out of the station it was apparent most of the staff didn't seem to have a clue what was going on.

Can see it being a nightmare this evening.

Saw this on Twitter, which says an awful lot about how organised they are:

AxbPQMkCEAAa24c.jpg:large

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't forget all you London commuters that tonight, for your entertainment, London commuters will be used as a "test" for the Olympics Crowd Control.

Good luck.

A test for crowd control? Are they going to try and fit 6 thousand people in a 4 carriage train as opposed to the usual 5?

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Just waiting at London Bridge for train back to Brighton-f*** me in 5 minutes I've wanted to kill about 10 people - and I don't mean train staff.

People going mental,opening up barriers, swearing directly in the face of staff.

If your a regular in and out of London Bridge and you didn't know that a rehearsal for some big ever taking place later this month was happening, then tough shit pal, your an idiot for not knowing an event that had been well publicised was taking place today.

Thing is today is not a busy day-wait until the Olympics start-these same tossers will still be leaving the office at their normal time and then effing and blinding when they turn up and see half of Sussex and Surrey waiting to he home.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Just waiting at London Bridge for train back to Brighton-f*** me in 5 minutes I've wanted to kill about 10 people - and I don't mean train staff.

People going mental,opening up barriers, swearing directly in the face of staff.

If your a regular in and out of London Bridge and you didn't know that a rehearsal for some big ever taking place later this month was happening, then tough shit pal, your an idiot for not knowing an event that had been well publicised was taking place today.

Thing is today is not a busy day-wait until the Olympics start-these same tossers will still be leaving the office at their normal time and then effing and blinding when they turn up and see half of Sussex and Surrey waiting to he home.

And of course they will moan that they have had no warning of the extra people using trains for the Olympics !!!

Apparently it was fine this morning, maybe an extra 5 minutes or so getting out but thats all. Apparently they were directing you to Monument station though, which is good if you need the Jubilee line. Least they are practising today to see where all the cock-ups are going to be. All this moaning and groaning about this today is for nothing really - if you cant handle it with the current numbers, good luck in a couple of weeks !!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

If your a regular in and out of London Bridge and you didn't know that a rehearsal for some big ever taking place later this month was happening, then tough shit pal, your an idiot for not knowing an event that had been well publicised was taking place today.Thing is today is not a busy day-wait until the Olympics start-these same tossers will still be leaving the office at their normal time and then effing and blinding when they turn up and see half of Sussex and Surrey waiting to he home.
I travel in and out every day, the first i've heard of it was a garbled message by the train guard this morning.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I travel in and out every day, the first i've heard of it was a garbled message by the train guard this morning.

Maybe if you took your rose-tinted England spectacles off you might have seen the signs better?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I knew about this since before I went on two weeks leave. I was reminded yesterday.

I did my bit to replicate Olympic conditions for the staff at LB today......................... I worked from home!

To be fair I have attended 2 other 'rehearsals' at LB and at worst it was a 5 min delay and in some cases it was faster

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
I travel to Farringdon and back every day. The first I've heard of it was this thread.

To be fair,why would you need to know if going to Farringdon-I'm assuming you stay on as it goes through London Bridge.

They have been announcing it the Evening Standard over the past few weeks, and they did last night as well as the metro and I've had a flyer shoved in my face every day over the past week or so reminding you.Finally it's been in the front page of the southern website for weeks now and tfl

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here