Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Commotion at Brighton Pier

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Just got back from my run along the seafront, where there was loads of emergency services and spectators at Brighton Pier.

There was a helicopter hovering over the sea around the pier for at least 30 minutes, to me it seemed like they were looking for someone who had fallen in...

I finished running from Hove Lagoons to the pier and then turned around, didn't bother to hang about and get in the way but there were many spectators, and as I was heading home the helicopter took off and flew away.

Anyone else see this?

D

Deleted User X18H

Place Pier . And whats this random reporting non football realted incidents on here?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Although it is the Palace Pier historically (and I apologise for going off topic) do you really want it to sound like Palarse?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Pompey brawling on the pier maybe? Horatios smashed up maybe?

Your obsession with football fighting is quite weird, strange as I bet if there was an off you would be the first one to do a runner......

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
why does the big sign on the front of it say Brighton Pier then? bingo........

anyway someone's life was in danger and it was a big event, thought it might be of some interest to others...heartless!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
why does the big sign on the front of it say Brighton Pier then? bingo........

anyway someone's life was in danger and it was a big event, thought it might be of some interest to others...heartless!

(Ig)Noble, the company that owns the Palace Pier, changed the name to distance themselves from the West Pier. The West Pier was the finest example of Victorian engineering. They also made numerous attempts to block plans for salvation and restoration of the old girl. They were also not responsible for the great fire that destroyed the pier. It will always be the Palace Pier in my eyes.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
If the rescue is for some numpty who jumped off the pier should they foot the bill for the rescue?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
People rescued from the sea near to Brighton's Palace Pier From The Argus)

A number of people have been pulled from the water near to the Palace Pier.

Sussex Police, Brighton lifeboat crew and the coastguard helicopter were called to the pier, in Brighton, at about 12.30pm today.

A Sussex Police spokeswoman said more information will be released later on this afternoon.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
(Ig)Noble, the company that owns the Palace Pier, changed the name to distance themselves from the West Pier. The West Pier was the finest example of Victorian engineering. They also made numerous attempts to block plans for salvation and restoration of the old girl. They were also not responsible for the great fire that destroyed the pier. It will always be the Palace Pier in my eyes.

This - although I'd add allegedly !

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
That weird bloke who presents Rude Tube actually called it the Palace Pier last night, I was rather surprised.

Noticed that to.I said to Jnr. he must be local. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here