Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Commotion at Brighton Pier

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Truly Horrific

Was on the pier man floating face down drifting around the huge wave break line - RNLI RIB arrived but could not get in for their own saftey - At one time they nearly retrieved him but had to power out over a huge wave - the rib was nearly vertical I was convinced it was going to tip - they then had to retreat

It was horrible seing this poor guy in the water - emotions of shock and sadness - Felt quite sick

The Rib went to the east side of pier to wait while the man drifted thru the pier - in the lee they were able to drag the man aboard with some difficulty - powered out to sea to be met by the solent coastgaurd helicopter and winched aboard

The man must have been face down the water for best part of an hour - apparently died in hospital 3 hours later

My heart really goes out to his 13 year old daughter and family

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I know their son, i am completely devastated. My deepest thoughts go out to all the family

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Man dies after attempting to rescue his dogs from the sea in Brighton From The Argus)

Looks like the Argus have amended the story after the guy has died and some of the early comments look a bit inappropriate now.

Lazy journalism strikes again !!

Time and time again, the Argus opens up the comments section on such a story and allows any old sailor to leave cruel and heartless messages. There is virtually no moderation at all. What sort of paper allows a comment such as "Darwins theory of evolution strikes again" and leaves it there.

Horrible little rag.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here