Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

(Common) foods you hate

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Cheese makes me chunder. I don't feel I've missed out much though as many foods seem to be covered in cheese to diguise poor taste anyway. I still manage pizza though - Pizza Express Pollo Ad Astra without cheese is great.

Don't like Indian food either. Hate coriander and tumeric so that's most of it off the menu although I love a garlic naan bread.

BIGPOPPAPUMP

Banned
Aug 27, 2010
I live quiche but not the pastry around it and underneath it. Same with cheesecake, that bit ruins it for me.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Bananas - EVERYTHING about them. Texture, smell, taste, looks. That applys for the skin and the mushy inside bit. I couldn't even touch them until I was 12/13

Supermarkert "value" meat makes me gag. I don't get how people can eat sausages that cost less than 50p for a pack of eight. When I was 12 I was around a mates house and I refused to eat anything because the sausages were cheap ones. I haven't touched cheap meat (when sober) since I was 9. GRIM, GRIM, GRIM.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Parsnip
Swede
Butternut squash (I feel sick just thinking about those godawful things)
Sweet potato
Turnip
Sprouts
Beetroot
Mashed potato - dunno what it is, but the texture and taste of it makes me retch

Fudge - ok in moderation but it's so so sickly
Any alcohol/liquer in chocolate, it doesn't work
Men's willies

You've listed some might fine vegetables here, and I like them all.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'll generally eat anything, but there are two things that I can't abide.

Mushrooms and Blue Cheese.

Why the taste of mould is attractive to some is beyond me.

There are also a number of foods I eat, but can't understand the fuss made about them.

Fish and Chips: Much prefer fish cooked in breadcrumbs and fish and chip shop style chips are rank.

Chocolate: I'll have the odd bit if I'm hungry and offered some (and quite like the really expensive stuff), but why anyone would eat a Mars Bar ? I found the concern over Cadburys self off hilarious. The stuff they produce is just rubbish.

Avocado: Yeah great, a mild tasting fruit that's a bit creamy.

Mozzarella: The emperors new clothes of the cheese world. I've eaten the finest and it still tastes of nothing. "Ohh marinade it they say..", well I sure you can marinade snow and make it taste quiet nice.

Scallops: Will order them in a restaurant sometimes, but can take them or leave them to honest.

Pollenta: Oh just f*ck off.

Risotto: Another con frankly. I struggle to like anything where the first spoonful is guaranteed to taste exactly like the next.

Last edited:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Fish / shellfish
Quorn
Gnochi
Parsnip
Supermarket chicken breasts

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Cooked apples
Rhubarb
Artichokes
Celery
Avacado
Gerkins
Posh salad leaves that taste metallic
Grapefruit
Radish
Parsnip
Turnip
Any Indian/Asian food that tastes coconuty
HP sauce
Thick grainy mustard
I think that covers it.

Red- Til-Dead

Nov 26, 2010
I will eat anything in this thread and more..................except MARMITE.......disgusting invention
2.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here