Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

COMEDY NIGHT - Stand Up for the Albion!

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
£13.50 is very reasonable Biscuit. These days that's hardly a round in the pub, and for that you will get a full evenings entertainment.

If I have the money spare you can have a ticket.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Count Me In!

Shall get ticket tomorrow, been meaning to go to a stand-up night for ages and I look forward too it (oh and helping the club of course)

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
To put it into context, it's only £1 more than the ticket price for a normal Saturday night!!!

I hope to see as many of you guys and gals as possible :)

Indeed you will. Pointless undercharging for the event if it's a fundraiser.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Dover said:
£13.50 is very reasonable Biscuit. These days that's hardly a round in the pub, and for that you will get a full evenings entertainment.

If I have the money spare you can have a ticket.

No need for that Im just being a miserable bastard!

Its a good cause and all, and I'm sure it'll be a top night.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Re: COMEDY NIGHT ANNOUNCEMENT ** Details here **

The artists:

Stephen Grant
A cult figure at the triple award winning Chortle best comedy venue ‘Komedia’, where he plays host to over 900 people every weekend in Brighton, his live work as a headliner and compere can be seen in all the top UK venues. Stephen is also a regular presenter on BBC Southern Counties Radio and does the TV warm up for many leading network comedy shows including They Think it’s all over, The Kumars at No. 42, Alaistair McGowan’s Big Impression, Jonny Vaughan Tonight, Bognor or Bust and loads more…

"One of the best - Brilliant" Independent
"Hysterically funny from start to finish" Sunday Express

Kevin Day
A committed Crystal Palace fan, Kevin is one of the most respected and longest standing members of the comedy fraternity. As well as being a guest presenter on Match of The Day and on TalkSport, he has written and performed six one man shows for The Edinburgh Festival - including the critically acclaimed 'I Was A Teenage Racist' for which he won the Time Out Comedy Award.

Dan Evans
Dan first appeared on the comedy circuit in 1994, shortly afterwards making the difficult decision to go full time, and leave a promising career as one of East Anglia's leading office menials. He delivers a mixture of pointless observations, sharp one-liners and ill-conceived advice with affable and energetic delivery.

'Skilful and surreal, A fine gag-master' The Scotsman

George Egg
An accomplished stand-up and visual comedian, armed with a giant oversized briefcase, and a battery of props, which when combined with surreal stories and hilarious observations provides an unrivalled comic experience.

''Hugely entertaining variety turn' The Guardian [/B]
What? I thought we were promised a 'Top Night of Comedy'? Who ARE these people? I was expecting, you know, that bloke from Channel 4. And that other guy, whatisname, always on the Paramount Comedy Channel. Plus that bloke who nearly won the Perrier.

Only joking. Myself and Mrs Brovian will be there. Get there early otherwise you have to sit at the front and be the butt of all the jokes.

Jul 20, 2003
I'll be there, with a few friends (if I manage to make any in the interim)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Is it 'sit where you like' or 'numbered seats' - and are you allowed to stand up at the exciting bits ??

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Titanic said:
Is it 'sit where you like' or 'numbered seats' - and are you allowed to stand up at the exciting bits ??
I'm sure, in the interests of safety, that Comedy Steve has arranged for enough Stewards to be there so that we all sit firmly where we are told to sit. Except for 10 minutes before the end when 15% of the audience will get up and leave to 'beat the rush'.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
For those not familiar with Komedia, I recommend for a full and fulfilling evening out, that you get there fairly soon after the doors open, where you can order food at the table where you are sitting. (You have to get drinks at the bar, though) It's good nosh, especially the 'party' menus.

No, we are not getting a cut of the bar takings, but the technicians and staff are all working for free, and the Box Office is giving us ALL of the door money (as opposed to them taking a more typical 30%-40%).

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Good work AL, I'm in for a bit of that, and a bit of Komedia Nacho action to start the night off in the way I mean to continue it.

i.e MESSY

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What's the name of that internet cafe next door? Could be the only comedy gig in history where the entire audience are fighting over each other to be served broadband NSC access before appearing en masse just before kick-off, only to go to the bogs and stagger to their seats clutching styrofoam chips & cupsa tea to the strains of GOSBTS. Not sure the resident comedians will be fully prepared for the heckling: 'Get Up Leon!' 'Get that bloody board out the way' 'Wheres Gary Hart?' etc. etc.

Marvellous comedy scenes :D

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
It's Curve.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Just tried booking on line but seems to take ages ? Anyone else had a problem.Thought I would give the missus a night out to help raise money for the Albion.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
any tickets left?

finbar

Jul 15, 2003
Hove
Certainly are some left, ive just got 2. Well done Steve, top effort, and in my opinion a bargain.

Make sure you slag off portsmouth, croydon and crawley though please. We dont get many nights we can be bitter and petty, so this is an opportunity not to be missed!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here