COMEDY NIGHT - Stand Up for the Albion!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
COMEDY NIGHT ANNOUNCEMENT ** Details here **

PRESS RELEASE
For immediate release

The Krater Comedy Club is delighted to announce STAND UP FOR THE ALBION, taking place on Wednesday November 24 at Komedia, Gardner Street, Brighton.

The event is a night of top-notch stand up comedy, in support of Brighton & Hove Albion’s Alive & Kicking fund, and featuring four of Britain’s top comics, all skilfully held together by Albion fan and Krater host Stephen Grant.

Crystal Palace fan and TV & radio pundit Kevin Day will be putting his rivalry aside by headlining the evening, ably supported by the superb Dan Evans, and the surreal George Egg.

Everyone involved in the event is giving up his or her time free of charge. All proceeds go to help Brighton & Hove Albion’s continued fight for a new home at Falmer via the club’s Alive and Kicking campaign.

Tickets are £13.50 each (no concessions) from Komedia Box Office, Gardner Street, Brighton. Call 01273 647100. or buy online at www.komedia.co.uk. Doors open 7.30pm, start time 8.30pm.

** ends **

NOTES TO EDITORS

Alive & Kicking is the fund-raising scheme launched by Brighton & Hove Albion in order to keep the club afloat. The club is looking to move to a 22,000 capacity stadium on the outskirts of Brighton in order that it can challenge at a higher level in the type of arena that every great city NEEDS. All the while it is at Withdean, finances will always be tight, and the club will never be able to fulfil its true potential.

The artists:

Stephen Grant
A cult figure at the triple award winning Chortle best comedy venue ‘Komedia’, where he plays host to over 900 people every weekend in Brighton, his live work as a headliner and compere can be seen in all the top UK venues. Stephen is also a regular presenter on BBC Southern Counties Radio and does the TV warm up for many leading network comedy shows including They Think it’s all over, The Kumars at No. 42, Alaistair McGowan’s Big Impression, Jonny Vaughan Tonight, Bognor or Bust and loads more…

"One of the best - Brilliant" Independent
"Hysterically funny from start to finish" Sunday Express

Kevin Day
A committed Crystal Palace fan, Kevin is one of the most respected and longest standing members of the comedy fraternity. As well as being a guest presenter on Match of The Day and on TalkSport, he has written and performed six one man shows for The Edinburgh Festival - including the critically acclaimed 'I Was A Teenage Racist' for which he won the Time Out Comedy Award.

Dan Evans
Dan first appeared on the comedy circuit in 1994, shortly afterwards making the difficult decision to go full time, and leave a promising career as one of East Anglia's leading office menials. He delivers a mixture of pointless observations, sharp one-liners and ill-conceived advice with affable and energetic delivery.

'Skilful and surreal, A fine gag-master' The Scotsman

George Egg
An accomplished stand-up and visual comedian, armed with a giant oversized briefcase, and a battery of props, which when combined with surreal stories and hilarious observations provides an unrivalled comic experience.

''Hugely entertaining variety turn' The Guardian

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Seen them all. I can particularly recommend Stephen Grant
gu_clap.gif

Last edited:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Re: COMEDY NIGHT ANNOUNCEMENT ** Details here **

The Large One said:
Kevin Day
A committed Crystal Palace fan,

I suppose that will get the first laugh of the evening.

Hope I can go.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
What about some sort of raffle or auction on the night? That would raise a few extra bob.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Good work for putting this together. Sounds like a top night hope i can get over for it.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i will almost certainly be there. sounds wonderful:clap2:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Well played Large One. Do you want posters put up on the notice boards in the hospitals?

Canny play getting it on the 24th. It's the Brighton nurses payday!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Comedy Steve said:
Thanks for your support. :rolleyes:

Will do my best to raise money for the club, but simply can't afford that. I'm sure you'll sell out anyway.

(They'll just be no skint students lurking about)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here