Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on Pride step aside.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This is nothing to do with Pride as it's B&H Council who ultimately have the say. The organisers of Pride have just used the same weekend every year and the council have given them the go ahead to do so...

Personally, after this year, where local council tax payers (99% of whom don't even attend Pride) have had to pick up the cleaning bill, I wouldn't even bother with letting them use Brighton again.

Bollocks. You're telling me only 250 people from Brighton & Hove go to pride?

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
What about the cost to the taxpayer of policing the tw*ts from Aberdeen and Tottenham the other week. Don't forget that most of the people who attend pride are from BRIGHTON.

I don;t think they are, we were getting 10000 people an hour thru the train station at one point!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Make it a ticketed event.

Its dead simple really. Those that want it pay. Plus it can add to the Pride funds/clean up costs.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
What about the cost to the taxpayer of policing the tw*ts from Aberdeen and Tottenham the other week. Don't forget that most of the people who attend pride are from BRIGHTON.

O'h come on Notters how many Aberdeen and Spurs fans? 500 at most.
What was it at Pride 160,000 estimated, I think the policing cost would have been slightly higher for Pride.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Now I like Pride and have been for the last four years. However, The Albion have been more than accomodating with their home games to allow the event to go ahead so I really think Pride should step aside for one of the biggest games in the Albion history.

This. Now I have nothing against Pride whatsoever and have enjoyed going down to watch the parade in recent years.

BUT

If it coincides with the first day of the season next year, The Albion should get precedence.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Notters lives in a fixtures world.

Its all the subtances he takes. Its make reality skewed. :jester:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
A good friend of mine broke his Leg and dislocated his ankle playing football the saturday of Pride. An hour and a half to get an ambulance there ! because of the Pride festival !

Its only when things like that happen you realise how events like Pride effect things. Luckily a paramedic got there in 30 mins ! to give some pain relief !

The event in my opinion has now got too Big almost.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
This. Now I have nothing against Pride whatsoever and have enjoyed going down to watch the parade in recent years.

BUT

If it coincides with the first day of the season next year, The Albion should get precedence.

From what I saw on Sunday in the BN2 area in the late afternoon (I was passing through on the bus), the combination of a load of "Pride" supporters with (say) a collection of Millwall fans, would be a policing nightmare.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
God, we seem to have this debate approximately once every three weeks at the moment :rolleyes:

No point getting worked up about something that MAY never be an issue, that's all I'm saying.

That said, it was good to have the reminder. Note to self: book the first two Saturdays of next August off on return to work Monday. Just in case, and before the powers that be impose yet another leave embargo. How GUTTED would I be to find I missed the first ever game at Falmer after all these years leading up to it? :ohmy:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I don;t think they are, we were getting 10000 people an hour thru the train station at one point!
To say nothing of all those that drove down and/or camped. Extrremely odd view from Notters to maintain that it's mainly attended by Brighton people.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not all that fussed which weekend Falmer opens. Ideally it opens on the opening day of the season, but it's no biggy to me.

It seems to me that it would be easier to ask the FL for special dispensation to move our home Carling Cup fixture (if we are drawn at home) until after Falmer is opened for the league game, than to insist Pride is moved or to insist Sussex Police allow both events on the same weekend. I'm surprised no one has suggested that on this thread or any of hb&b's other squealing homophobic shit rants.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Im sure Pride will move to an early July date or the second week of August.

It'll be a move to the second week of August. early july would be too close to London pride, last weekend of June i think.

and it will move im sure, they've no interest in digging their heals in, while knowing how important it is the 25k going to the first game.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I am advised that the Pride organising committee have thus far only acknowledged the Albion wish to play thier first home game at Falmer on 6th August to 2011. They have not confirmed they will move or postpone the festival.

The Albion will need a t least another two August Saturdays for league games next season plus maybe a bank holiday Monday.

Also the club will probably want a prestigious friendly towards the end of July probably on a Saturday maybe the 30th.

So come just this once Pride step aside. The opening of the stadium is one of the biggest events ever in Brighton and Hove don't spoil it.

Yet more bile, this time disguised as 'reasonable objection' against a problem that doesn't even exist. IF they announce Pride for the 6th August then there will be an issue. Until then there is no issue.

If, as any sane person is expecting, they do announce it for a different date to accommodate our perfectly reasonable request, will you bounce this and say: "Well done, good decision - thanks, Pride"?

Your post smacks at best of muddled, demented stupidity and, at worst, of unnecessarily malicious, barrel-scraping incitement. No offence...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here