Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on Pride step aside.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I heard its moving from Preston Park, so maybe a change of date would be nice to mark the change of venue :thumbsup:

To Falmer, apparently.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Didn't Watford play Norwich on the Friday night this year. Could that be a possobility. Would mean it was televised.

I hear what you say but c'mon..a Saturday afternoon in the full sun..walking up some steps to see the verdant green of the pitch..etc etc..its got to be an afternoon game. Tis the proper way to kickoff a season MHO.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The thing is, if they decide not to move and we make an issue of it, there will invariably be certain people who will go about accusing the club and every supporter of homophobia.

Well at least we will be seen to be NOT gay !

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Now I like Pride and have been for the last four years. However, The Albion have been more than accomodating with their home games to allow the event to go ahead so I really think Pride should step aside for one of the biggest games in the Albion history.

As Easy says, my concern is that Brighton Pride runs in conjunction with other Pride festivals across the globe and they may not be able to budge.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
provocative..

As opposed to the original post, of course, which revealed absolutely nothing new whatsoever, but was blatantly another excuse for HB&B to get on his Pride soapbox and reignite the same old boring debate because he doesn't like Pride.

Why don't we all just wait and see what happens? If we were prevented from playing at home first game because of Pride, then we might have reason to feel slightly aggrieved.

But at the moment there is no indication either way, so why lose sleep over it?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So what is the official NSC line on this?

Live and let live or aggressive opposition?

I will be quite mightily pissed off if the official stadium opening game proper at Falmer is a Tuesday night League Cup 1st round tie against Wycombe.

Won't matter if we're drawn away in the Cup of course, I can wait another week till the following Saturday for the first League game there, but I'd rather not take the chance.

AGGRESIVE opposition.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
I'm just waiting for the 2012 fixture list to be published, seeing as we're banned from taking any leave between May and September that year :lolol:

All hail the Olympic beast :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, got my years all mixed up. Still doubt if any leave will be allowed if Pride and the first game at Falmer are on the same day. We couldn't cope with Pride on its own (despite what our spin doctors claim!) let alone add the single most important biggest football fixture in Brighton for decades! I really can't see Pride taking place on the same day, as the first game at Falmer is nailed on for that day. I think with the whole future of pride in the balance anyway it might not be an issue.

Last edited:

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
As opposed to the original post, of course, which revealed absolutely nothing new whatsoever, but was blatantly another excuse for HB&B to get on his Pride soapbox and reignite the same old boring debate because he doesn't like Pride.

Why don't we all just wait and see what happens? If we were prevented from playing at home first game because of Pride, then we might have reason to feel slightly aggrieved.

I couldn't agree more.

Cromwell Road Gull

Jul 2, 2008
Didn't the council have to finish the clean up opertation this week because Pride organisers couldnt cope. The council are ony charging some of the cost, taking into account Pride yet again failed to meet its funding needs.

I have no problem with pride but why should we as council tax payers have to pick up the tab again. It should be postponed until they have a viable business plan that doesn't mean the council have to bail them out with more money, above and beyong what they provide already.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
What, you mean BHA has gay supporters too? Surely not?
Anyway, what of the supporters of both Cricket and Football? They suffer date clashes too.

Choices init?

The voice of reason speaks. I can't stand this dimwitted attitude that homosexuals are somehow genetically disposed to disliking sport. A close freind of mine manages to combine being gay and a Spurs season ticket holder - SHOCK HORROR.

If anything that should be the reason why the two shouldn't clash so we all don't have to make a choice between what are likely to be 2 of the most momentous and enjoyable occasions of 2011 in Brighton. I for one would gladly appreciate the chance to attend both.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm just hoping for a home match on Saturday 5th November, with a nice stroll down to Lewes afterwards. Hopefully against Palace, then we can BURN THEM. :)

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

No sleep lost..I no longer dwell in the environs of Brighton but looking in from the outisde it appaers that the 'pink pound' hold heavy investment in the city's coffers and the gay whip is cracked such that all residents have to bend to t the will of gay ressies.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Didn't the council have to finish the clean up opertation this week because Pride organisers couldnt cope. The council are ony charging some of the cost, taking into account Pride yet again failed to meet its funding needs.

I have no problem with pride but why should we as council tax payers have to pick up the tab again. It should be postponed until they have a viable business plan that doesn't mean the council have to bail them out with more money, above and beyong what they provide already.

And if half the local businesses that make an absolute mint out of Pride pulled their fingers out of their greedy arses and funded the bloody thing this wouldn't be a problem. I agree using taxpayers money isn't the best solution but how about the hoteliers, pubs, off licences, cafes, cornershops, taxis etc.. donated even a fraction of the money they make from the event it wouldn't be an issue.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove

I agree to a certain extent and I'm sure they will have to sort it out better for next year. But to extend this out further should we ban all day trippers to Brighton as they leave loads of rubbish on the beach every day during the Summer?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
This is nothing to do with Pride as it's B&H Council who ultimately have the say. The organisers of Pride have just used the same weekend every year and the council have given them the go ahead to do so...

Personally, after this year, where local council tax payers (99% of whom don't even attend Pride) have had to pick up the cleaning bill, I wouldn't even bother with letting them use Brighton again.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

What about the cost to the taxpayer of policing the tw*ts from Aberdeen and Tottenham the other week. Don't forget that most of the people who attend pride are from BRIGHTON.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here