Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on Pride step aside.

D

Deleted User X18H

I am advised that the Pride organising committee have thus far only acknowledged the Albion wish to play thier first home game at Falmer on 6th August to 2011. They have not confirmed they will move or postpone the festival.

The Albion will need a t least another two August Saturdays for league games next season plus maybe a bank holiday Monday.

Also the club will probably want a prestigious friendly towards the end of July probably on a Saturday maybe the 30th.

So come just this once Pride step aside. The opening of the stadium is one of the biggest events ever in Brighton and Hove don't spoil it.

Oct 25, 2003
usually i find your anti-pride ramblings insanely dull, but just this once i will agree with you

surely all we're asking is for them to do for us ONCE what we do for them, like, EVERY YEAR?!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Albion will need a t least another two August Saturdays for league games next season plus maybe a bank holiday Monday.

So we're going to have THREE August leagues games on Saturdays next season (two this year)? Oh and there are no league games on August bank holiday.

Carry on.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
The thing is, if they decide not to move and we make an issue of it, there will invariably be certain people who will go about accusing the club and every supporter of homophobia.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I am advised that the Pride organising committee have thus far only acknowledged the Albion wish to play thier first home game at Falmer on 6th August to 2011. They have not confirmed they will move or postpone the festival.

Weren't you confidently telling us a few weeks ago that Pride would definitely not be going ahead at all in 2011?

And secondly, you're basically telling us that nothing at all has actually happened or changed. I guess you just wanted to get on your Pride soapbox again. So, thanks for that.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im sure Pride will move to an early July date or the second week of August.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The thing is, if they decide not to move and we make an issue of it, there will invariably be certain people who will go about accusing the club and every supporter of homophobia.

There probably will be, but they'll be in the minority - just like the minority of homophobes who support The Albion will always take any opportunity to start gobbing-off. Anyway, I'm confident our momentous day up at Falmer will take precedence, so I think we should all just chill-the-f***-out tbh. :amex:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Isn't one of the issues the fact that Pride is coordinated with other Pride events in this country and abroad, ie its not just Brighton that holds the Pride event ? Its a Europe-wide mince-up on a specific date, and they might not want to MISS OUT on it going ahead on the same day as their fellow revellers.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Weren't you confidently telling us a few weeks ago that Pride would definitely not be going ahead at all in 2011?

And secondly, you're basically telling us that nothing at all has actually happened or changed. I guess you just wanted to get on your Pride soapbox again. So, thanks for that.

Hey what's it matter to us anyway, we can't book leave for 5 months! :angry:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
What, you mean BHA has gay supporters too? Surely not?
Anyway, what of the supporters of both Cricket and Football? They suffer date clashes too.

Choices init?

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove

Also the club will probably want a prestigious friendly towards the end of July probably on a Saturday maybe the 30th.

So come just this once Pride step aside. The opening of the stadium is one of the biggest events ever in Brighton and Hove don't spoil it.

Jesus Christ give them a chance!! Pride was only last weekend!! I'm sure they were more focused on that than confirming the date of next year's one. I'm sure it will be moved.

I doubt we will have that many home games in August though - you are suggesting we will potentially have 3 Saturday games out of 4 plus the Bank Holiday Monday.

D

Deleted User X18H

No. I said 2012
We could have fixtures on 6th 20thand 27th August 2011 only 2 this year We we are away first game.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
What, you mean BHA has gay supporters too? Surely not?
Anyway, what of the supporters of both Cricket and Football? They suffer date clashes too.

Choices init?

It's not about choices, it's about not having enough police presence for both events at the same time, surely ?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hey what's it matter to us anyway, we can't book leave for 5 months! :angry:

I'm just waiting for the 2012 fixture list to be published, seeing as we're banned from taking any leave between May and September that year :lolol:

All hail the Olympic beast :rolleyes:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I personally would rather we do not play the first game at home on this date as it clashes with Rebellion in Blackpool.
Albion comes first so will got to the game regardless, but it would allow me to do both if we did not play the first game at home on the 6th August.

But why due the organisers appear to carry so much weight it terms of decision making over the two events ? or are they just puffing out their chests ? , surely it the police that will decide if and when the events take place ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here