Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on Gus. It's all becoming far to predictable.....

Dec 29, 2011
Why not play two upfront and two wide midfielders/wingers?

------Bridcutt----Razak-----
Buckley- ------------Noone
-------Vokes --- CMS-------

I'm not too sure on this formation though. He gets the see the players in training every day, i'm sure he's tried it tbh.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I absolutely agree with everything you said Mr Burns.... Poyet has bought these players in - Noone, Buckley, Lua Lau which is a masterstroke and all on fire but he doesnt play them....Dont get it!

If a team sits back and puts 10 behind the ball you need width and pace, go figure we played our best football when he bought 2 wingers on... the whole crowd knew it...

Assulin is quality but from watching him in the last 3 matches I knew he wasnt going to rip down the wing and scare their defenders...he would be great at the top of a diamond.

Heres my team

Brezovan

Reyes El Abd Greer Mattock

Buckley Razak Bridcutt Noone

Assulin/Barnes

CMS

Seek and frigging destroy, that is one awesome team.

We look forward to seeing your application for the next available league job. Let us know when you apply.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I agree to a certain extent.
As has been said in the past, I think we lack contingency plans for when we go behind and when we are defending a lead.
Not that I'm moaning- we've played some brilliant football this season and we are performing beyond my wildest dreams in the league- but I think we will need to have a few more tactics prepared if we are going to challenge next season, or of course if we find ourselves in the Premier League next season.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I absolutely agree with everything you said Mr Burns.... Poyet has bought these players in - Noone, Buckley, Lua Lau which is a masterstroke and all on fire but he doesnt play them....Dont get it!

If a team sits back and puts 10 behind the ball you need width and pace, go figure we played our best football when he bought 2 wingers on... the whole crowd knew it...

Assulin is quality but from watching him in the last 3 matches I knew he wasnt going to rip down the wing and scare their defenders...he would be great at the top of a diamond.

Heres my team

Brezovan

Reyes El Abd Greer Mattock

Buckley Razak Bridcutt Noone

Assulin/Barnes

CMS

Seek and frigging destroy, that is one awesome team.
FINALLY!!! Someone else who actually understands football!!! :smokin:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
U mean agrees with u..lol there a novelty
I think you'll find at least 50% off the crowd agrees with me over Ashley Barnes, if the abuse I hear around me is anything to go by (not for one second do I agree, or ever have myself, anyone who slags Barnes off at a game) And judging by comments on here, he gets stick all over the ground.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think you'll find at least 50% off the crowd agrees with me over Ashley Barnes, if the abuse I hear around me is anything to go by (not for one second do I agree, or ever have myself, anyone who slags Barnes off at a game) And judging by comments on here, he gets stick all over the ground.

As I said on the other thread, if you are so confident, then post a poll.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Doesnt seem to get tht much stick where I sit...I guess moaners tend to be among the loudest?.but yur 50% seems to b too high IMHO

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Crowd opinion =/= NSC opinion. NSC is a bandwagon. About 2 months ago the result of the poll would be a lot different to the result of the poll today.

Mr Burns is convinced he has 80% opinion on his side and then again he said 50% agree with him. Well then let him post a poll here and see if that backs him up. I agree that it is only Nsc but it's a start.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
As I said on the other thread, if you are so confident, then post a poll.
And as I said on the other thread.

No point. Post a poll tonight, and everyone will love him. Post a poll after he's had a stinker and not scored, and everyone will hate him. Too many people opinions on here change game by game, not just Barnes, but with Navs and Brez as well.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And as I said on the other thread.

No point. Post a poll tonight, and everyone will love him. Post a poll after he's had a stinker and not scored, and everyone will hate him. Too many people opinions on here change game by game, not just Barnes, but with Navs and Brez as well.

Are you trying to say that just because Barnes scored a goal and got an assist, that everyone will love him? Obviously it's not enough to convince you so maybe there are others who are just as discerning and intelligent as you seem to think you are. Why not post a poll now and again next week just to see?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Are you trying to say that just because Barnes scored a goal and got an assist, that everyone will love him? Obviously it's not enough to convince you so maybe there are others who are just as discerning and intelligent as you seem to think you are. Why not post a poll now and again next week just to see?
Not just because tonight, but also because he scored two against Ipswich, and as a few others have pointed out he was poor against them until his goals. Because probably a lot of people on here didn't go to Doncaster and see the game pass him by there. So to knick someones else comment, as the NSC bandwagon goes, Ashleys stock is quite high on at the moment. Maybe if we could rewind month, a poll would probably see the majority slate him, so keep calling for a poll like a broken rercord is pointless.

Proof I'm in the majority, can't offer firm proof other than the reaction to CMS subbustution, or OTT comments aimed at Barnes at the game, and considering this argument has been ongoing for a year, judge his average ratings that people on here leave for him last season. Judge he comments left in the press on his ratings. Judge the fact there are probably more negative Barnes threads on here than other players put together. Plus why no one has offered an answer as to why if so great, he hasn't been offered a long term contract yet?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not just because tonight, but also because he scored two against Ipswich, and as a few others have pointed out he was poor against them until his goals. Because probably a lot of people on here didn't go to Doncaster and see the game pass him by there. So to knick someones else comment, as the NSC bandwagon goes, Ashleys stock is quite high on at the moment. Maybe if we could rewind month, a poll would probably see the majority slate him, so keep calling for a poll like a broken rercord is pointless.

Proof I'm in the majority, can't offer firm proof other than the reaction to CMS subbustution, or OTT comments aimed at Barnes at the game, and considering this argument has been ongoing for a year, judge his average ratings that people on here leave for him last season. Judge he comments left in the press on his ratings. Judge the fact there are probably more negative Barnes threads on here than other players put together. Plus why no one has offered an answer as to why if so great, he hasn't been offered a long term contract yet?

I have answered that question quoting the situation with Dicker & Bridcutt last season (it's on another thread where you have been slating Barnes)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
What a load of shite, why can't we just enjoy our current position? Perhaps its just me but I'm delighted at how things currently are, the negativity is just frankly unbelievable, its just pure stupidity, look at the clubs around us, this division is full of big teams, lets be happy, in what is our FIRST SEASON here to even be mixing it up with the likes of Birmingham, Middlesbrough ect and countless others. Its just moan moan moan from some on here. COULD have, SHOULD have, MIGHT have, how about the facts? Unbeaten in 2012 6 wins 5 draws 7'th in a tight top half of the division and still picking up points even though we are seemingly 'predictable', I really do despair sometimes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here