Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come back El Abd

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Everyone has been singing the praises of Dunk (injcluding me) with Greer, Cook and Vincelot hasving their supporters. El Abd gave the finest season long display of any Albion defender in history last season and was responsible in a big way for our promotion.

I for one think he is desperatley missed and will make a huge difference when he returns. I think Dunk needs resting and Greer has not looked the same player without El Abd along side him.

Mark my words, when El Abd returns, the goals against column will dry up.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Everyone has been singing the praises of Dunk (injcluding me) with Greer, Cook and Vincelot hasving their supporters. El Abd gave the finest season long display of any Albion defender in history last season and was responsible in a big way for our promotion.

I for one think he is desperatley missed and will make a huge difference when he returns. I think Dunk needs resting and Greer has not looked the same player without El Abd along side him.

I think you could be right. El-Abd was outstanding last year, however when he does come back everyone will need to be realistic in that he hasn't had a pre-season and may take some time to get back to his own high standards.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Even when he is fit to play, it will still take a month at least for him to get match fit. I do rate him, but i still think the championship is a step to far. It will be very difficult for him to recapture last season's form

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

Hope you're right but you have to remember it was League1. Different gravy in the championship.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011

G P`s post match interveiw gives his opinion of his return. hope the link below works.

Brighton and Hove Albion | Player | Latest News | Video: Poyets Ipswich Verdict

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
You are blinded by your love for him, Greer made him look decent last season. I for one am dreading the day he returns, he isn't anything on Dunk

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Concerned about Adam's relative lack of height as a central defender. Did he ever play as a defensive midfielder ?

Just a question.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It concerns me that he isn't getting any better, or doesn't seem to be. He's been out for nearly 6 months with a broken bone in his foot. Does that seem excessively long to anyone else?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Concerned about Adam's relative lack of height as a central defender. Did he ever play as a defensive midfielder ?

Just a question.

JCL alert lol. Seriously yes he was played in that role under Wilkins.

Funny thing is that El Abd probably has the most Championship experience out of all them!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
IMO, I don't think Adam will cut it at this level... Would be happy to be proved wrong though!

We need a towering CD with a bit of pace and Adam doesn't fit that criteria!

Greer has been found out to a degree also.

These opinions are mine and I am more than happy with the start that we've made but to step it up Gus will have to look at bringing in a bit more quality at the back as well as a Lee Bowyer type CM!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
You are blinded by your love for him, Greer made him look decent last season. I for one am dreading the day he returns, he isn't anything on Dunk
I think actually El-Abd made Greer look good. Greer is suffering from his absence now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here