Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come back El Abd

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
This is such a classic reaction to losing a few games. It MUST be down to the absence of one player. What about the boys who have got us 5th in the league after 10 games having only just been promoted?

Incidentally, I also think a) we could do with El-Abd to provide another option at the back and b) that some of our players from last year are starting to struggle at this level, but don't try and make out that El-Abd back in the team = problem solved.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
I think that one of Adams strengths is his distribution - he has played in midfield after all. Plus he does win his fair share of headers - its not all about height - its timing, positioning, spring and body strength as well. He was outstanding last season and he has played in this division. He will not transform the team but will make it better when he returns IMHO.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think Kebab is too vertically challenged up against big strong Championship strikers and it will be them making mincemeat of him instead of the other way round.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
I think actually El-Abd made Greer look good. Greer is suffering from his absence now.

have to agree with this somewhat. not sure if its down to El-Abds absence, but GG does look a bit off the pace this season. poor in the air and some bad decision making too. love the bloke, and don't like to slate him, but somethings not right

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
feel his physical presence is missed he is the one brighton player who gets stuck in and winds up the other team . Could he play at fullback ,good tackler with pace

daveyboy1973

Feb 5, 2010
bexleyheath
one reason we are struggling at the back is so so obvious.... PACE.... not one of the back 4 has any pace hence y we are defending so deep and none of them have any confidence in ankergren to sweep...... we are in desperate need of a keeper on the 18 yard line or a couple of defenders with pace, that is the killer in this league

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I think that one of Adams strengths is his distribution - he has played in midfield after all.

I take it we are talking about the same Adam El-Abd here? Distribution, a strength!!! Get out of it. A great tackler, surprisingly good header, strong etc. But can he pass more than 10yds, nope.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I take it we are talking about the same Adam El-Abd here? Distribution, a strength!!! Get out of it. A great tackler, surprisingly good header, strong etc. But can he pass more than 10yds, nope.

Does he need to pass it more than 10 yds...............No.............. win the ball and the give it the attacking midfielder be it Vicente, Harley or Buckley and let them pass it on.

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
Is this the same player who was slated on here a couple of years ago as not good enough for league 1? I think he proved everyone wrong and good for him. However the championship is such a step up as everyone knows and whether Adam can make it - who knows? I hope he does but to hail him as the answer is premature.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is this the same player who was slated on here a couple of years ago as not good enough for league 1? I think he proved everyone wrong and good for him. However the championship is such a step up as everyone knows and whether Adam can make it - who knows? I hope he does but to hail him as the answer is premature.

El-Abd has more Championship experience than most of the team.

FRYG

Bexhill Seagull
Apr 13, 2011
Bexhill
Does no one else remember the Brighton vs Man City game where El Abd had Jo in his pocket the whole game, a striker who is tall and strong which is what a lot of people on here are saying is not capable of doing, i think El Abd will be just as good as he was last season once he is back !

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I take it we are talking about the same Adam El-Abd here? Distribution, a strength!!! A great tackler, surprisingly good header, strong etc.
That's the one-played in the Championship last time and our Player of the Season last year.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
El-abd's strength has been missing in this league. He is good enough in the air and I reckon he's experienced enough to get away pace wise. I don't think he is any slower than Greer, who has been a big disappointment this season IMO. At least El-Abd won't take any prisoners.
Dunk has a long way to go. Inexperienced and a lot of bookings - people are hyping him up too much. He doesn't need that sort of pressure as well.
I would agree that overall we do lack pace in defence - in fact the team only has three wingers (and only seem to play them one at a time) and a centre forward who I would say are quick.
Loan Market here we come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here