Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
No it isn't.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Racism is the belief that people are inherently superior or inferior because of their membership of a particular race. Nothing Gus says implies superiority or inferiority. Rather, he stresses relatedness, affinity and connection.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
When I first moved to Croydon about 10 years ago, I always used the term 'coloured' and quickly found out black people find it very offensive. Much like half cast, darky ect these phrases are not really acceptable anymore.

Jan 30, 2008
When I first moved to Croydon about 10 years ago, I always used the term 'coloured' and quickly found out black people find it very offensive. Much like half cast, darky ect these phrases are not really acceptable anymore.
what if you're not speaking to them directly, i'm sure people still use these words casually from time to time in conversation , lets not be nieve here.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

But you were not being racist were you? Racism would be using a term to cause offence. Someone that uses the word 'coloured' is either a bit outdated, a bit ignorant, from another nationality where the lexicon differs or unaware but they are not being racist.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Racism is the belief that people are inherently superior or inferior because of their membership of a particular race. Nothing Gus says implies superiority or inferiority. Rather, he stresses relatedness, affinity and connection.

Indeed. It's funny that so many white people are becoming outraged by Suarez and Poyet, when my black friends have said that they don't mind being black, they don't take offence at the colour of the skin being stated. The equivalent is me being called white, in a statement. I wouldn't take offence personally. And no discrimination on the colour of my skin, or the colour of Evra's (in the case of Suarez) has taken place. It is only a statement of an individual's attributes..

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
I am from a mixed race backround ( anglo Indian) I refer to myself as a half-chat, Am I being racist against myself ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here