Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colour Change?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Back to the original grass plans :jester:

:lolol:

I actually really liked that idea, and was disappointed when they dropped it. I wanted a TELLYTUBBIES stadium, complete with that hamster tube they had running into the back of the West stand.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
On a slightly different note, I would actually really like us to adopt an all-blue kit once more. I think stripes look a bit tacky and mean that our replica shirts make anyone over the age of 30 wearing one look like a total goon. A blue shirt would be much more acceptable.

Those blue shirts looked so boring to me. Love the stripes - at least, the stripes we have now. Never like it when they become too thin, or too stylised.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Chunky stripes. I like big chunky stripes, one big blue bastard down the middle, with two big whities down the side.

That'd look MINT.

[edit] NOT that crap uneven version we had at Gillingham. That was gubbins.

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
Wouldn't object to losing the stripes, or playing in white (with blue piping), but not red! Would realy go against the grain.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
A nice white trim or white sleeves like Arsenal have (and we used to) would look CLASSY in my opinion. Deckchairs, Tesco bags ... it's easy to see where Palace get their inspiration when you look at our modern shirts.

I wonder if a shirt that had an entirely blue front half and an entirely white back half could work?

Could be confusing if you look up to pass the ball, you've got an opponent in front of you, a teammate facing you appearing blue and a teammate running away looking for the through ball appearing white.
That could be a pretty good tactic to spot the runner, but would take a bit of getting used to and would be dead confusing if the opponents had the same idea :lolol:

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
No, first you change the shirt colour, then you change the logo, then you rebrand and finally you move to Milton Keynes.

Is any sum worth the soul of the club and do we really need £100000000000000000?

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
If the colour were to change and we were to play in just Blue or just White, I really wouldn't be bothered, they are our colours and it doesn't matter as long as we were to stick with Blue or White.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
If the opponents had the same idea you'd have FOUR totally separate colours on the pitch. They could throw in a couple of extra goals at the sides of the pitch and ask each colour to shoot in a particular one. Of course, if you want to score in the goal that corresponds to the colour on your BACK, you will have to perform a back-heel or an overhead kick to do so. Similarly, if you're defending two goals, you'd have to be facing one of them at all times if it's colour was on your front.

That's FLAIR. Would the goals be in opposite corners or one teams' two colours shooting both towards the same end?
Or... have a square pitch and one goal on each side?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For £100m they could play in thongs.

Shit, I've turned into Simon Jordan.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Wouldnt stand in the way of it, but as long as it doesnt lead to the downfall of the club then fine. Ill be very annoyed though and i wouldnt buy a new shirt if it was to happen either - id keep the stripes.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
On a slightly different note, I would actually really like us to adopt an all-blue kit once more. I think stripes look a bit tacky and mean that our replica shirts make anyone over the age of 30 wearing one look like a total goon. A blue shirt would be much more acceptable.

All blue with proper Adidas stripes all the way down the sleeves was gorgeous. I'd like it as our top flight colours...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here